Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Reading (Parker and Sam)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn
British - Halfblood - Professor & OOTP

Female Posts : 235

Reading (Parker and Sam) Empty
PostSubject: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 am

Sam walked into flourish and Blott's hoping to find a good book since she has read all her school text books again she hummed lightly as her hand brushed against a leather book pulling it down she noticed it was full of poems.

Smiling, Sam leaned against a wall and started to read it she couldn't believe she hadn't read poetry in years she hummed lightly as she read the books she couldn't understand why they all had romance in the she sighed and flipped the book tithe next chapter that actually had no romance, Sam smiled.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Male Posts : 453

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:30 am

Parker sighed, a bag full of his old books in his hands. Not his school books, but others he'd accumulated over the years, both muggle and magical. He'd never dare think of selling his precious school books, the ones he'd actually been able to afford. He lacked half of 5th year's, and all of 6th and 7th years'. Times had just been more then tough of him and his mother.

Times were getting tough again and he was lacking money he needed for last months payment of his apartment. Now that he was at Hogwarts he'd hardly had reason to keep it, but with shutting off all the water and power, the payments should become a lot less. He just wanted the security of knowing he wasn't homeless. The next payment of money he expected was from his old superior at the hospital, before the start of school. If he just finished his reports of the school, he'd get enough to hold him over for a while. But he had a feeling it would take him a while to actually get things put together. So selling old books he'd never read again was what he chose to do.

He kept his eyes down, as he passed though an aisle way in the crowded shop as it was getting closer to school. He lightly bumped a woman with his bag and he looked up at her. "Oh, I'm so sorry-" he froze though. It was another old school mate. Oh, he wished she didn't recognize him...
Back to top Go down
http://diagnosingdisease.tumblr.com
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 am

Sam blinked as a bag hit her she smiled " It's fine-" she started but blinked she remembered him being an old school mate she smiled slightly wondering If he recgonized her she closed the poetry book and put it back on the shelf, she turned back to him and blinked again.

" Parker? Is that you?" she asked she remembered him but very faintly she had remembered meeting him twice at school once I the owlery and the second time in the library she giggled to herself remembering how nerdy she used to be alway's reading and studying, she stopped giggling and she smiled at him wondering if it was Parker.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 am

Parker gulped at her small smile. It seemed she did recognize him. He let out a breath as she turned around to put the book back and was about to step away when she turned back around to him.

He bit the inside of his cheek, not too hard, when she said his name. Yep, she definitely remembered. It didn't matter if they hadn't been all that good of friends, but she was one of his schoolmates, a part of his old memories that hurt to be resurfaced. With her giggle and smile Parker tried to give a small smile back. "Er, yeah...Sam?" She looked a bit different, but it just had to be her.
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:28 am

Sam nodded " Yep, same old dorky me" she joked she looked at another book and opened it than she realized she was in the romance section rolling her eye's at the shelf she walked away and smiled at Parker " Wow you look different" she said kindly she smiled at him she had remembered him being shy and quiet at school.

" Funny we alway's meet in library's" Sam said giggling slightly she remembered the date of when they met but not what they talked about or what she used to look like she shook her head lightly than she turned to him " So, how have you been?" she asked him, with a small smile she had gotten better about smiling but she still had problems smiling when people talked about owls.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 am

Parker cleared his throat and smiled a bit when she joked. He watched her as she took a book out and put it back. When she rolled her eyes, he looked up at the genre and smiled a bit again. As she walked away, Parker felt like he should take a few steps with her. He looked at Sam, sighed and nodded when she said he looked different. "So do you.." Her smile made him feel a bit strange. He couldn't recall if he'd seen her much his last year, or if he had done anything mean to her as with all his other friends. He felt bad if he did and bad for not being able to remember. She seemed fine though, and that was good.

He walked with her up to the front checkout area, waiting in line now to sell his books. He sighed and shrugged a bit when she asked how he's been. "I've been...erm, well, better. But I'm okay. Life is life." He said looking down, trying to not dump anything on her, but not wanting to lie either. "What about you...?" he asked, switching the bag in his hand to the other hand.
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 am

Sam laughed slightly " Still dorky, and life has gotten hard for me lately" Sam said sadly life has alway's been unkind to Sam so she really didn't care but she still hated her life Sam sighed and moved out of the way when a kid bumped into her.

" This place is a mad house" Sam joked seeing all the people there, Sam sighed and looked at Parker's bag full of books she figured she gave him a short smile " How many books do you have in there?" she asked kindly Sam had a lot of books she needed to get rid of she just never had the time Sam sighed as she looked at the books. " Any of your school books in there?" she asked not unkindly she wondered how many books he had in there she smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 am

Parker nodded and 'Mm'd' in agreement. "Yeah, I know what you mean...life as an adult hasn't come as easily as it was made to seem." He glared at the kid that bumped into her, holding back the reflex to grab him and tell him to watch it, like he did when he was walking with Pyxis. The place was just busy, he told himself.

Parker nodded in agreement at her joking and looked down to his bag when she did. he shrugged when she asked questions about the books. "No, none are my school books, I don't think I ever want to sell them...but it's about a dozen or so others that I've just gotten over the years that I knew I'd not look at again." he sighed. "I'd prefer not to get rid of them...but I need the money right now."
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:02 am

Sam nodded and hummed " I know what you mean I'm never going to sell my school books" Sam said smiling she noticed Parker staring at the kid she taped parker on the shoulder.

" You okay?" Sam asked kindly she yawned slightly " How many muggle books do you have in there?" Sam added she loved books she looked at the shelves and sighed than she looked back at Parker.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:27 am

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I could never bring myself too. They're worth far much more then money is to me..."

He had been staring at the kid and didn't realize it until Sam had tapped his shoulder. He shook his head a bit and looked at her."Er...yeah, sorry." he said looking a little embarrassed.

When she asked how many muggle books he had he looked down at the bag, "Uuh... I'm not to sure, a couple. I don't know if they'd buy them, but i thought it was worth a try..." he looked at her again. "what were you looking for?" he asked as he stepped forward because the line was moving.
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:33 am

Sam shrugged " I need new books to read I've read every book that I have ten times within two days" Sam said smiling at him " They might take the books who knows, and if not you could alway's sell them at muggle book stores they should have a reading policy" Sam said she moved up as the line started moving.

" So, where are you working?" she asked him kindly she wondered what job he had taken than she smiled at him " Did you ever get your own owl?" she asked him she had remembered him wanting an owl she smiled she t least remembered some part of their first meeting she smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 am

"Still just as big a reader, aren't you?" He mused. He missed having the time to read as much as he used to. His training had taken up to much of his time he never had any time to read anything other than patient reports. "I've not read too much, but I want to start again..."

He nodded. "Yeah, I've no problem going to a muggle place, but I've heard of people getting better priced here for the right muggle book. So I'm hoping what I've heard is true. Plus, then it saves me a trip." he said with a small shrug.

"Uhm, well..." he started after she asked where he'd been working. "After...school...I went into healer training. I'm finishing up my training now at Hogwarts," he said in a breath, wanting to just get it out. He wondered if she taught there now too...he really shouldn't be surprised...it seemed so many were coming back to teach. It was quite odd actually, and he wondered if new people would be coming it any time soon...

He moved his bag to his other hand again as the moved forward in line again. He smiled a little, "Yeah, I do now. I got it when I worked at Mungo's they gave it to me since I couldn't afford one and I needed it. Nice of them." he remembered vaguely when they had talked in his second year when he met her up at the owlery. "Erm, well, what do you do?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:08 am

Sam nodded " Yep I'm still a nerd" she joked smiling at him she wondered what all books she had read over the years she sighed.

" I know, I hope it's true" She said smiling at him she walked up as the line moved up " I work at Hogwarts, the apparation professor" She said happily than she nodded.

" I'm glad that they gave you an owl, Winter well she.." she said sadly she blinked at the ground she missed winter terribly she sighed and looked back up at him " Wow, a healer that's a good job" she added smiling she looked at her nails and she sighed " I need to stop chewing my nails" she mumbled to herself.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 am

"Oh, so you do work at Hogwarts...seems like everyone is coming back." he said, letting out a sigh, but with a slight smile on his lips. He had absolutly hated it at first, and a part of him still did, but he was dealing with it. He had to. He couldn't leave anyway.

He frowned as she began to walk about her old owl. She trailed off and looked down. "I'm sorry to hear that..."

He sighed, nearing the front of the line. "Yeah....for the next three years I'm here at Hogwarts to finish then I might move on to the field I want to be in." Three years seemed like such a long time...and now with all that's been going on he had become torn over leaving or not...

He looked at her and smiled a bit when she mentioned her nail biting. "It's a nervous thing...just make sure your nails are cut short and it should help." he said, and then cleared his throat realizing it really wasn't any of his business..
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 am

Sam smiled " Yep, working at Hogwarts" Sam said with a small shrug Sam really didn't want to work anywhere else, Hogwarts was her home she didn't know anywhere else she moved as the line did " Well, Winter was a good owl so" Sam said rather sadly but she shrugged it off.

Sam smiled and hummed than she smiled and looked at her nails " I'll try that" she said she really cut her nails more often than she should but she would try what Parker had suggested.

" So, you're learning to be a healer at Hogwarts, hmm cool" Sam said with a smile she hummed lightly she had a crazy tune stuck in her head she sighed silently.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:01 am

Parker nodded. "And if that doesn't work there are other things you could do to for the nail biting. Not the healthiest of habits, that's for sure."

He reached the front of the line now and started to take the dozen or so books from the bag, separating them by muggle or magical. The woman behind the counter took the magic one's first, flipping through them to check their condition. A floating stamp stamped the inside cover of each book and they floated to a pile in the back.

He then motioned to the muggle books. "I was wondering if theses could be sold here? I don't know if there's a muggle section here...just thought it'd be worth a try." The woman looked through them and nodded, saying that they have a muggle distributor they could sell to, but she's not going to offer very much for them.

Parker looked at Sam. "Uh, should i just take them to a muggle bookstore, you think?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 am

Sam hummed as she thought " It depends, who is the author and how old it is and if it's a copy or an orignal, and if it a first edition" Sam said matter of factly the woman looked at Sam with big eye's.

" See I'm an nerd" Sam said with a small shrug Sam sighed and waited to see " You can take them to a muggle store if you want" Sam said with a small shrug she had no idea how much they'd pay for the books but it was worth a shot Sam looked at the woman " Alright so how much would you pay for the books?" Sam asked the woman the woman told her Sam nodded and she added up the numbers in her head.

" You could probably get more at a muggle bookstore" Sam said with a small shrug.

" And yes bitting nails is a bad habit to pick up" Sam said with a small smile " Also it a hard to stop when you've been chewing your nails for years" she added with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:14 am

Parker sighed, hearing that the books would be offered for a lot less here. About half the about. A trip around to a muggle bookstore in his free time would be well worth it if he wanted to get his money's worth. "Alright, I think I'll keep them for now then," he said to the woman behind the counter. "Thanks."

He started to but the books back into the bag he brought. Now with his books in hand he turned and took a few steps out of the line.

Parker raised his eyebrows a little at her. "Oh, man, years? Have you had a lot of problems with breaking or inflamation? I know that can happen. Maybe try...well, a muggle method is to put band-aids on your fingers. Kinda silly sounding, but it works."

He then started to make his way to the exit of the story. "Well, you probably want to do some more browsing around, I'll stop bothering you now." He gave a weak smile. "See you later at the castle then, I guess?"
Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:06 am

Sam hummed and walked out of line and she stopped at a shelf she smiled slightly and thought for a second. " No, I just chew them when I'm nervous or when I have nothing to say, or when I'm uncomfortable" Sam said with a small shrug than she shook her head and smiled.

" I really don't have anything better to do, but I guess I'll go get lunch" She said walking toward the door she looked back at him and she nodded.

" Yeah I'll see you around the castle, and I hope when we meet in the castle that I'm not in the hospital wing" Sam joked with a small smile she bummed and she gave Parker a small wave than she walked out of the book store.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading (Parker and Sam)   Reading (Parker and Sam) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading (Parker and Sam)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1