Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Settling in (Open for educators)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

Female Posts : 86

Settling in (Open for educators) Empty
PostSubject: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Athena walked through the halls of Beauxbatons and into the educators' quarters. She was really glad that she was starting this job, she really enjoyed the way her life was turning out. She sat down on a chair upon noting that she was the only one in the room at the moment. She hadn't met any of her fellow teachers yet.

She leaned back and looked up into the roof before closing her eyes. She wondered how this year would be. She wondered if anyone would react to her name. She wondered if she'd be fighting anyone back in Britain. She didn't know any British people, but her mother had been British. She would never leave the French side in favor of the British, but she didn't really want to fight anyone. She then shook her head slightly without opening her eyes. No need to think of such things now.

She let her thoughts drift to her lessons that would be up ahead, and she really enjoyed the thought of starting them both. She was exceptionally good at duelling, that was a plain fact, and she had played a lot of Quidditch through her years. So she really looked forward to it. She sighed, starting to think of a spell that would be brilliant for her first lesson ever.
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Niro
Feliciano Niro

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:49 am

Feliciano grinned as he wrapped his favourite navy blue scarf around his neck, his white button-up shirt half done as a piece of toast hung out of his mouth. He zipped up his trouser pants and slipped on his favourite brown shoes. Once his hands were free, he finished off buttoning up his shirt and grabbed his toast out of his mouth, chewing on the bit already in it and swallowing. He flicked through his job offers on houses to sell, until he saw one that seemed to be quite the challenge.

It was cute on the outside, small on the inside and not the most attractive thing, but it came with furniture and was rather cheap so that was quite interesting. Feliciano loved a challenge and this was seemed to be one. He scribbled down that he'd do it, followed by his signature before he slipped it into an envelope with his toast hanging in his mouth. He scribbled down the adress and attached the letter to his owls leg, releasing it out the window of his room.

Feliciano took the toast out his mouth once more and began to make his way down the staircase, his thoughts on the charms class he'd already planned out like the pro-active man he was. He didn't like to have things un-organised, it just annoyed him. He finished off his toast as he stepped into the main area of the Educator's Quarters. Seeing a woman already there, he made his way over and took a seat. "Yallo, haven't met you before? Mind you, I haven't met any of the other educator's yet. Feliciano Niro at your service!" He stuck out his hand with his most charming smile.
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Athena looked up as she heard someone walking towards the room. Then a man walked in, looking very happy about something. He saw her and sat down, introducing himself as Feliciano Niro. He smiled widely at her and reached out a hand. Athena gave a smile of her own.

"I haven't met anyone myself, really. I'm Athena Gaunt, and it's nice to meet you Mr. Niro," she said, taking his hand and shaking it.

She crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head to the side. "What classes do you teach?" she asked him curiously.
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:14 am

Jaz was really excited to be coming back to the school she had loved for so long. The school that had pushed her to follow her dream. upon entering the school she practically skipped the entire hall on her way to the educators room, she was ready to see who she was working with.

Walking in the door she noticed that two other people were already there so she walked up to them to say hi.

"Hi, I am Jazmina Bright, nice to meet you" She was practically bubbling inside
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Athena looked up when she saw another teacher walk in. She smiled to her as she came over.

"It's nice to meet you too, Jazmina, and I like the name. I'm Athena Gaunt," she said kindly, reaching out a hand for Jazmina to shake.

"Please, take a seat," Athena said, gesturing to the many vacant spots, "What classes do you teach then?"
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Jaz stuck out her hand to Athena. "Nice to meet you to Athena"

Jaz took a seat close by and then crosses one of her long legs across the other. "I am going to teach astronomy, and I am the Head of Renard"

Jaz looked over to Athena, how about you?" Jaz smiled
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Athena felt her interest rise. Stars had always been a fascination of Athena's. They were so distant and so unreachable. A token of lost beauty in Athena's mind.

"Really? That must be extremely interesting!" she said happily, "I wish I was as in dept with the stars as I wish to be, but unfortunately I'm not."

She smiled. "I'm the educator of dueling, flying and also head of Avis," she said, very happy about her classes.
Back to top Go down
Luc Laval
Luc Laval
Headmaster of Beauxbatons

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:49 am

Luc had been slinking around the castle with his little dog all through the night, looking all around at the high ceilings and paintings and the ornate detailing, trying to set each part into his mind. He needed to know where the students would be at all times, and needed to note if there were places they shouldn't be. While to many he might not have seemed one to care about children, but his want to education was strong. He lacked a proper one through his boyhood and wanted nothing more then to produce the best little witches and wizards there was.

As night turned to morning, Luc found himself in the North wing as the educator's quarters. As the educators had been hired under the old headmaster, he had not met any yet and he thought himself to have enough sense to at least peek in on them and and get a feel for who they were. If he was going to have the best students, he needed the best teachers.

He slowly made his way to the door, opening it and standing at the doorway looking in. He saw a conversation already going. Which was good. Communication is key. He watched and listened for a few moments.
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 am

Jaz smiled when they were talking about what they do, "I didn't always want to study stars, I am actually a professional Ballerina. Its just when everything was changed they decided that dance was not the thing any more."

Jaz was a little sad about it, but that was ok she could teach astronomy, she did receive and O in testing, so she was sure teaching would not be a problem.

Jaz looked up when she heard a door opened she looked up and saw a man walk into the room. She was not sure who it was she had never met him before.

"Well welcome to our little group here, I am Jaz Bright." She smiled, she could not help it he was kind of cute.
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:53 am

Athena beamed. "Really? That's pretty cool, you know," she said with a smile.

She could easily see Jazmina dancing. She didn't know why, but it suited her. She then looked up as the door opened and Jazmina told the person to come in. Then she felt shock settle in.

It was him. The guy from the Apothecary. The vampire... How could he be here? Was he a professor? What the heck was going on? Athena's head was in a mess, and then she snapped out of it. He wouldn't want her to tell everyone what he was. No wonder he was so rude about it.

But she didn't trust her voice to say anything more. She was positive it would crack.
Back to top Go down
Luc Laval
Luc Laval

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 pm

He listened to the brief exchange of words between to of the educators. A dancing astronomy teacher, what an...amusing image. Besides that though, he hoped her to be a great professional.

Luc was still standing at the doorway, and his little Crup, Napoleon, was laying outside of the door. When said ballerina noticed and greeted him, he raised his eyebrows a bit and nodded towards her. "I am most welcomed," he said in a slightly strange manner, and he continued to stay by the door.

He sniffed, and rubbed his nose to pass it off for the sniffling of a cold. His eyes went over to the woman from the Apothecary. This was a definite...problem, he thought. More then a problem it could cost him everything. Out there on the streets he was more relaxed, not caring who knew because what could they do to him? But here, he had to be more convincing, especially with this liability. This was something he wanted to do, and being revealed meant the end to that and whatever proper life he'd built up. His jaw tensed a bit and he breathed out.
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:02 pm

"Yes, dancing is a great passion of mine and I love it. But I discovered a long time ago that I love teaching students what I know."

Jazmina noticed a look that Athena gave the man that was still standing in the doorway. She wondered who this man was, but Jaz was friendly an didn't mind talking to anybody. That was probably her downfall, she was too friendly sometimes.

"So mister who wants to hold up the door frame, what shall you be teaching our lovely minds?"

Jazmina was very curious about this man, there seemed to be something off about him, just that way he is acting.
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Athena smiled. "I can imagine," she said softly.

Athena figured it was time to smile at the man she'd met and her lips lifted in the corners. She was curious about what his position was. However, she was still slightly angry at him for calling her 'kitten'. It was too loving for her to hear from a stranger. Even in such a cold tone.

"Won't you join us?" she asked him, gesturing to one of the chairs.
Back to top Go down
Luc Laval
Luc Laval

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:28 pm

He looked between the two women, deciding what to say. While talking seemed like a hassle sometimes, with his position and in order to keep a normal semblance, he'd need to. The woman he met before didn't seem to be letting anything on, and even tried to smile. He was grateful, but still couldn't be sure about her.

They seemed to want him to join, and he supposed he would have to. "I guess I will stop holding up the door frame and join." he said stiffly. He opened the door a bit more, turning around and bending over to pick up his little Napoleon off the floor, his collar jingling slightly.

He turned back around and slowly made his way over, taking in the sight of the other man in the room. He wanted to observe them to see how they were as people and educators. And around their authority figures people tended to act differently. So perhaps he would keep his ultimate position to himself for a moment.

He went around to the chair, the one a bit further away from the group. "My position is that of the History of Magic educator." which wasn't a lie, because he also had planned to teach that class. History and tales was always a great interest of his.
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:08 am

Jaz had to smile when he said that he would quit holding up the door frame, "I am glad I thought for a moment the building might fall if you moved." Jaz laughed.

This man was really interesting and whatever it was he was hiding really intrigued her, and she could tell that Athena knew something was up but she was saying anything. Just cause Jaz looked naive didn't men she was.

"History of Magic is a vital class that everyone should take. Everyone needs to learn history of our race." Jaz smiled
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 am

Athena kept her eyes on Luc as he moved over to the chair furthest away. Not really the chatting type then? Well, that had been pretty clear to her at the apothecary, but still. She saw Napoleon, the two-tailed dog, and wondered briefly about stretching her hand out to let him smell her. She sighed and looked at Jaz before looking back at Luc, keeping a tap on what they were talking about.

"Yes, I agree. History is more important than what people believe," she stated. She used to be one of those who didn't care about history, but she has realised how wrong she was when she lived life outside of school. Her eyes then drifted to the dog in Luc's arms.

"Is he sensitive about people patting him, or may I?" she asked softly, still looking at the dog. She really liked dogs, though panthers were her favourite.
Back to top Go down
Luc Laval
Luc Laval

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:35 am

Luc smiled a little bit, amused by the first woman's comment. He certainly was the one holding up the structure of the school now. he then nodded at her statement about the importance of history, he expression going neutral again. "Mm, yes. History is important for all. How can anyone learn but from the mistakes of the past?"

"People learn eventually the importances of history. It dictates how life today is." He added simply. This whole chatting thing wasn't so hard when he was interested, he found. "And yourselves? What are your passions in what you teach?"

He raised an eyebrow at the woman he met before at her question. He was very protective of his little puppy, even though it felt like he just barely got him. He hesitated a moment, but he knew little Napoleon liked people. Luc picked up the puppy with both hands and held him out at arms length, the puppy panting and wagging its tails excitedly. "You may hold him if you wish."
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:01 am

Athena's smile got much truer when he seemed to smile himself, and he became less threatening when he said that History was important, agreeing with Athena. She nodded thoughtfully at what he said. He was absolutely right. Maybe if Athena had him as a History teacher, she might have realized its importance when she was young. She didn't know very much history due to a horrible teacher that didn't know how to learn away anything without being completely dull.

She smiled. "I teach Flying and Dueling. I love both subject very much, Flying because I love to be in the air and many people are happy on a broom, and I think the reason I've chosen to teach Dueling, is because I know what it's like to not be able to defend myself, and I have what it takes to make sure the students I get will be able to do so," she explained.

She then looked at Napoleon, wagging his tails happily. She was rather surprised that Luc would let her hold him, definitely after the hesitation when he asked. But she gave a soft smile to the puppy and reached out cradling him securely in her arms. She gave a soft laugh when he excitedly licked her face, and scratched his sides with her hands holding him.

"He is truly very cute. Dogs haven't been a big interest to me, but this guy's a charmer," she joked, when Napoleon tried to lick her face again.
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Jazmina was watching the interaction between the other two in the room and she almost got the feeling that maybe she was a third wheel. She could see the looks between the two and she was just not sure what to think.

She loved animals and that little pug-crup was the cutest thing she had ever seen.

"I love astronomy, as much as I love dance, but we don't have a dance class here anymore so I have to go with my second love." She would never understand why they got rid of dance but it would be ok, things happen.

"There are many things a person can learn from the stars, and I would love to share that with the students."
Back to top Go down
Luc Laval
Luc Laval

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:22 am

Luc was listening carefully to the explanation the woman gave. He nodded slowly. The whole aspect of the desire to teach defense he thought was great. Just the passion he wanted in his educators to instill in their students. And the combination of dueling and flying could be interesting...maybe he'd propose her to try to mix the classes one lesson to help the students build their skills. It was an awful hard thing to concentrate at the two tasks at once if not trained.

He watched worriedly as the woman took little Nap. But he seemed okay and seemed to like her, so his worries lessened. He realized he'd become very attached in what felt like such short time. He nodded and gave an 'Mm' at her comment. He looked over then at the other woman. "You look like you want to hold him." he stated.

He tilted his head a little bit. "Oh, I hear you speak of that when I was...holding the door up." He frowned a little bit. "And why would the school have dropped such a thing? I bet many students would have loved that..." Suddenly, he remembered a bit of a very, very old memory...A small festival perhaps? Dancing there seemed to be a lot of going on. He blinked away the far away look in his eyes.

He didn't know too much about the stars, but he'd watched them enough to know their cycles and see them go through their changes. "Ever changing, fate can be told by them they say... and navigations done too. I don't know much, but I hold great respect to the stars." He brought his hand up to his mouth and cleared his throat a bit.
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:42 am

Athena smiled down at Napoleon and then looked up at Luc, her gaze drifting to Jazmina. Her smile widened. "Let me know when I've held him long enough," she said joyously.

She'd give Napoleon over to Luc again or Jazmina, when they said so. But she knew enough of dogs to know that holding them out to another person, wasn't the most brilliant idea. One: it wasn't pleasant for the dog. Two: the person might not want to hold the dog.

"It's sad that dancing was taken away, yes. I'd love to be in those lessons if I had been a student, so I'm sure there'd be many who would've taken that class," Athena said.

She noticed how Luc's eyes went a bit distant, but she wasn't one to pry, so she didn't ask. So, her attention turned to Jazmina again, she talking about the stars. Athena smiled.

"The stars are fascinating. I don't know half of them half as well as I should like," she said sadly, knowing that she might've repeated what she said about the stars before.
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am

Jaz smiled at them as they talked of the dog. "Sure Athena if it is ok with Luc here I would love to take the cute thing off your hand." Jaz would wait to see if the animal was even interested in her lap.

Jaz was not sure why dance was taking away, but it was diffidently a loss to the school. "Well from what I was told it has been gone since I left, so its been a few years. Maybe I could talk to new headmaster into maybe a elective class if enough students were interested. "

Jazmina had thought about it, she hadn't heard anything about the new headmaster.

She thought about the stars and how much she could tell anyone person about anything. Looking at Athena, "I would love to teach you anything you would like to know about them."
Back to top Go down
Luc Laval
Luc Laval

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 am

Luc motioned his hand a bit, from the woman holding Nap to the one that wanted to, and he realized he hadn't asked their names yet. "By all means, do what you wish....hmm, and I excuse my rudeness-" he cleared his throat a bit. "What are your names...?"

He nodded thoughtfully as the women talked. He leaned back in his chair against the beck of it and crossed his legs, resting his ankle on his other knee. Dance was a passion among students and educators alike. A sort of elective class or a club would be great. Both educators and the students could gert together and help teach each other. Maybe it could be the start of other club-like activities to keep the students occupied. After all, a bored young mind could be dangerous, so keeping them occupied and happy was important.

Still with the mention of the new headmaster, he said nothing about it. They would find out soon enough and he was learning so much, even if he was forcing more out of his mouth then he usually did. "It would be cruel not to consider it..." he mused.

He looked pleased as the Astronomy educator offered to teach the defense educator, that kind of connection between them is just when this school needs. Everyone should be teaching everyone else, even the students to teachers.
Back to top Go down
Jazmina Bright
Jazmina Bright
Head of Renard
Head of Renard

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Jaz was glad it would be ok to hold the dog, now only if she could get Athena up to giving up the cute thing. Jaz laughed at herself at the thought.

"Well I am Jazmina Bright, but you may call me Jaz." Jazmina said For some reason she thought she had already told him her name but she couldn't remember, she had been telling so many people her name today.

Jazmina took this chance to kick off her shoes a little and curl them under her butt on the couch getting a little more comfortable.

"Yeah, I am really excited to see what the new headmaster has in store for the upcoming school year." Jaz smiled enthusiastically
Back to top Go down
Athena Gaunt
Athena Gaunt
Head of Avis
Head of Avis

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 am

Athena smiled and looked from Jazmina to Luc, waiting permission. When he made the gesture, she turned back to Jazmina and gave her Napoleon. It really was a cute dog. She frowned lightly. What type was it again? She wasn't good at dog types, unfortunately. Crup-pug, was that it? Or the other way around. She could figure it out later.

"It is slightly weird that they would remove such a class, as it is a very social and good one, but maybe not the best to gt a grade in? A social group after hours would be pretty cool though, maybe even for both students and educators," Athena suggested thoughtfully.

Dancing was a joy of hers. One of the only things that kept her happy in times of grief and sadness. She then blinked and looked at Luc.

"You? Rude? I'd rather say that I was rude for not introducing myself in the first place. My name is Athena Gaunt," she said, feeling the same dread when she said her name to a stranger (that in this case would be a colleague!), always waiting for them to stand up and point an accusing finger at her, yelling something along the lines of 'you're related to Voldemort?!'

Thinking no more of it, she turned to Jazmina again. "I'd love to get to know more about the stars. Just tell me when the best time is and I'll hopefully be as to be there," she said happily.

She then frowned. "Eh, returning to the subject of names; what's yours?" she then asked Luc.

(OOC: Luc hasn't introduced himself yet, right? Can't remember. I've only used the name outside of lines and such, I think, to avoid confusion, or has he introduce himself, and I've just not noticed?)
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for educators)   Settling in (Open for educators) Empty

Back to top Go down

Settling in (Open for educators)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next