Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Halcyon Dumbledore
Halcyon Dumbledore
British - Pureblood - Gryffindor Second Year

Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) Empty
PostSubject: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Halcyon was sitting in one of the big, comfy armchairs, reading a book on DaDA, since he had missed the first lesson. He needed to catch up with the others so he could earn some golddigging points to Gryffindor, who was at rock bottom in the points at the moment. No way was he gonna lose.

But he was so tired. His eyelids were becoming heavier and heavier by the second. No wonder, the clock was soon passing midnight. He should go to sleep. But he just couldn't get himself to move. He read some more, but after a minute or so, his eyelids shut, and he didn't even notice he was falling asleep in the common room, where he was pretty sure another person was sitting.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth
British - Halfblood - Gryffindor Second Year

Female Posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 am

Aislin was seated on a window seat, staring out the large, clear window panes. Her mind was mulling over a thought her mother had left on the last line of her latest letter - like she always did. She liked how her Mum always seemed to want to nurture her tumbling mind. It was really cool.

She raised a cold hand to her chin, and rested it on her knees which were curled up to her chest. Aislin's dressing gown was wrapped around her, though it had come loose since she was sitting on the window seat and was revealing her red and black "Sleeping Kneazle" pj's. Aislin stared up at the stars, wondering what the riddle her mum had left her meant.

Aislin went to lean her head against the window, but apparently her tired body failed to control it as she so wished and her dark head banged the glass instead, loudly. "Ow," she moaned, lifting it off and rubbing the bump.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon Dumbledore
Halcyon Dumbledore

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Halcyon jumped out of his slumber as a bumping sound reached him, followed by an 'ow' noise. He turned in his chair quickly and saw a girl sitting there, looking awfully tired. Her dressing gown was open, so he could see her PJ's, and he had to smile in the slightest.

"You know, I think these chairs in front of the fire are a lot more comfortable," he said with a grin, hinting to the chair beside him.

He rubbed his eyes rid of the tiredness for the moment, knowing it would come back in not too long, but he figured he could talk to this girl a bit. He needed to get some more Gryffindor friends either way.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Aislin glanced up, an embarrassed blush creeping into her cheeks. Luckily, she didn't think it would be too visible in the darkness. "The window seat is surprisingly comfortable," she replied, her voice slightly muffled.

Aislin swung her legs off the seat and stood up. "Argh," she groaned as she took a step forward. Aislin laughed. "Pins and needles, gotta hate 'em!" She grinned and finally got to a big, ploofy chair, sitting down cross legged on it.

"What's your name?" Aislin asked curiously, studying the blonde boy. "I'm Aislin," she said quietly, realising suddenly that it had to be past midnight and most of the house would be asleep.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon Dumbledore
Halcyon Dumbledore

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Halcyon smiled at her. "I don't doubt it. Only the best for Gryffindors, you know," he said joyously.

He enjoyed being in Gryffindor. It had been his family's house for decades, so, he was happy he hadn't broken that trend. Besides, the common room was definitely beyond awesome. Sure, they didn't have the great view that Ravenclaw was supposed to have, but heck, they could still see the gamekeeper's hut. That was good enough for Halcyon.

He chuckled when Aislin started walking and obviously had fallen asleep in her foot. He really didn't like that either. "Yeah, no joke," he said with an agreeing look.

When she sat down he looked closer at her face. She seemed pretty tired, but what he could see was this very friendly gleam in her eyes that made him feel pretty comfortable. "It's nice to meet you Aislin. I'm Halcyon. Halcyon Dumbledore," he said friendly.

"So, what's your reason for being up this late?" he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Aislin grinned at him. "So they say," she replied cheekily.

Her eyes widened a fraction when Halcyon mentioned his last name. "Dumbledore, huh?" she said, with a warm smile. "That's pretty cool. It's nice to meet you too."

Aislin realised that she'd not kept track of time and had been sitting at the window since before the sun had set. "Oh... I was thinking," she replied shamelessly.

"What book are you reading?" she asked, pointing out the one on his lap.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon Dumbledore
Halcyon Dumbledore

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Halcyon smiled at her. He then looked into the fire. He was pretty proud of being a Dumbledore. "Yeah, it is pretty cool," he had to admit, looking down at his hands, not wishing to come off as a stuck-up brat, "But slightly weird as well. Everyone kind of blows up in my face when I say it is my name, but heck, what can we do about that?" Halcyon asked with a wink.

He then laughed a bit. "You must be a hard thinker if you lost complete track of time," he said with a soft smile. He thought a bunch himself, but he had never been completely lost in his thoughts so he lost track of time.

He looked down at the book and shrugged. "A book for Defense Against the Dark Arts. I wasn't there last time, so I think it'll be a good idea to catch up to what they learned last lesson," he said tiredly.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:50 am

Aislin grinned. "Exactly," she agreed. Sometimes her last name got a few people angry because of her grandmother, but the psychopathic Sally Swandeath never really killed enough people to get in the papers - though apparently she'd killed the parents of someone Aislin's mother went to school with and that had outraged a lot of people. Aislin was just glad her dad hadn't been a psycho like his dear old mum. She didn't think her mum would fall for a murderer, she wasn't like that. "I get that sometimes with my name," she told him.

Aislin smiled. "It's my favourite pastime," she said with a laugh. She leaned forward and stretched her arms out in front of her, loosening up her sore shoulder muscles. "Sometimes it gets the better of me, though," Aislin laughed when a loud crack sounded from her neck. That felt good. She twisted in her seat, trying to crack her back and doing so successfully.

"Ah," she said, nodding. "That makes sense. I'm not sure if I'm taking DADA this year. I can't remember." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon Dumbledore
Halcyon Dumbledore

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Halcyon smiled and then thought about her name. "I think I've heard it before, actually. Swandeth. Wasn't that a ..." He stopped and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "So, you're related to the notorious mass murdered, Sally Swandeth?" he asked. Then he raised both his hands quickly. "Not judging you. You seem nice enough," he said with a grin.

"The night helps me think too, actually. Though it also sometimes makes me rather drowsy as well," he joked. He then laughed a bit when he heard a crack. "I can hear that," he said humorously.

Halcyon shrugged. "I don't think I would've taken it myself if it weren't for the fact that there's a war now. I'm thinking ahead, and all that. I'm sure I would've taken up the subject later anyways, but I like it, though. The class is good, though the professor looks super strict. I won't go getting on her nerves," he said with a sigh.

He leaned back in the chair. "What time is it anyways?" he asked, not having a clock.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)   Settling in (Open for Gryffindors) Empty

Back to top Go down

Settling in (Open for Gryffindors)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Site Closed :: The Archives :: Old & Dead-