Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Male Posts : 453

Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) Empty
PostSubject: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:42 am

Parker was sitting at a booth looking out one of the windows of The Three Broomsticks, wringing his hands together, picking at the calloused skin on his knuckles. He had managed to arrange the meeting by owl, not actually having called Tess, though he found the fact that she had a muggle phone pretty funny. Parker would have called her just to humour her if he even had a phone. It was just another expense he couldn't keep up with if he even wanted to. Hell, since getting his job at Hogwarts he had not only shut off the water to his place, but the power too. What use would it be when he was gone a majority of the year? Though since his apartment had been broken into, he'd only gone back once to deal with the muggle police which had been called (as break ins happened often there) and to do repairs.

Parker had enough saved up now, not having to worry about paying for a lot of things he had to before, so going out some place wasn't a big issue. He was being fed, he had appearances to keep up for his students (having taken a class last minute due to short staffing), and he needed to be a role model now. Last year things had seemed to go smoothly enough despite the whole soul crushing realization of how terribly he hurt his friends by leaving and what had become of most of their lives. But besides that...he supposed things were alright. Though thinking back he felt like he was slowly slipping out of that facade he held up so well while at Mungo's. It was hard when surrounded by a constant reminder of his rough school time at Hogwarts. And then all this shit over the summer. He couldn't handle it. Everyone had seemed to turn against him, Pyxis now had someone else to spend time with that actually made her not miserable. Kids were growing up, people moving on, whatever. At least everyone else's lives seemed to be going on. Even Tess'.

His foot tapped as he was getting increasingly worried she'd not show. Even though he was really early since he had nothing else to do, and Tess wasn't the person to just not show. The woman behind the bar had already threatened to kick him out for sitting there without ordering for so long, confusing him for that one homeless wizard that popped in from time to time. Parker rubbed his hand over the stubble on his chin. He didn't look like that much of a mess, did he?

Last edited by Parker Emery on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://diagnosingdisease.tumblr.com
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 495

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:55 am

Tess was running. So far her life was slowly rebuilding itself. Victoria had moved back into her life, meaning that she had her best and closest friend back, she was getting a mentee at work meaning that Chale was trusting her. And Chale...he was still a prick to her, but a handsome jerk that let her leave early today.Still she was late, she had stopped to talk to Victoria and was amused to hear that while she was going for coffee, Victoria would be off at a club. She simply had laughed and told her to have fun and call her if needed.

If she was honest with herself, she never expected Parker to even owl her. She figured that he was just trying not to be awkward as he had politely asked her to leave him be alone. But at the owl, she was relieved that he wanted to talk to her. Parker was a person, that had in one way or another replace Victoria. Yes he wasn't very talkative, or even open up about himself, but he listened. He would comment here or there on things and let her whine about things in general. Most importantly, he had told her to keep going and be a Healer, much to Alec's protests.

She was out of breath as she pushed the doors opened of the Three Broomsticks. She smiled seeing that he was there, and having a hard time by the owner, which made her laugh. So he hadn't noticed her yet, good. Walking over, she managed to take off her name tag before sitting across from him and turning to face the woman.

"Could you give us a minute I'd like to look what I would want to order?" she asked politely.

Looking at him she wrinkled her nose at his stubble, but smiled nonetheless.

"Sorry I'm late"

Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 am

Waiting, Parker had time to reflect on what he probably couldn't even call a real friendship with Tess. Sure when they considered each other friends she talked, he listened, he provided what little advice he could when she ranted and complained. Besides bickering and harmless name calling, they got on well enough, they had similar interests, but she knew literally nothing about him other then the fact he liked his coffee black, that he liked to read, and that he didn't take good care of himself besides always being clean shaven, and that he was muggleborn. Beyond that, probably nothing.

On the other hand he felt like he knew a lot about her and whatever issues she had. He had definitely been behind her in continuing to be a healer. He always told her that other people can't dictate what she does with her life because it was just that, her life. He knew what it was like, though he never told her that. He never really talked to his parents about the magical world, they never cared, they never wanted to care because everything about it had been a disappointment because it was different. So whatever his career was didn't matter to them, even if it were a muggle career (not that he could get one with a lack of muggle education, but that's besides the point). He'd just learned to do without their validation, and Tess could do the same. You couldn't be happy if you were living for other people.

His eyes stayed on the window, watching people's feet as they walked by, at the door opened again. He had been ignoring whatever comment the owner was making this time. He he saw someone from the corner of his eye sit down, he sat up and looked forward, giving a small smile to see it was Tess, and feeling thankful that the owner had now gone back to her business at the bar.

"No, no, don't worry about. I'm just early." He assured her with a small nod, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm glad you could come." He added softly after a few moments.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:05 am

Parker smiled, Tess figured that was a good sign that somethings had improved. Ever since that night, she realized that perhaps this whole thing about them was a farce. The Parker she had seen last night was a cold shell of the former self, if that was even real, and by the look of him, it probably was a farce. She didn't want to push away whatever they had back then, the acquaintanceship (her idea of a friendship died the moment he talked to her back that day) was there in her memories and she picked and chose whatever was nice.

Both were strangers once more, and while they were amicable, she figured it was time to go back to the start with the two. She didn't mind it, after all it wasn't her part to change anything, except her mother instincts had disappeared..she hoped. She blamed Victoria, blaming Victoria was easier. She realized that she copied her nature from her best friend. After all she had convinced Tess to take it like they were strangers in a way to make sure it wasn't her that did all the work.

His comment threw her on a loop and she gave him a half smile.

"I don't lie, when I agree to meet you, I meet you. I'm a terrible liar." she replied smirking.

Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:49 am

There had been an obvious crack between them. Or a wall. Because things just felt so...odd. No, no, it wasn't odd, he just felt like a stranger to her now. This was ridiculous. They'd spent years working together and the short time he'd spend away from the hospital had changed him so much and had estranged them terribly. he could have kept in touch. After all, she didn't have anyway to get a hold of him personally.

So now it seemed they practically needed to start over. Which was a hard thing to think about. Because he'd lost someone who'd looked out for him for so many years. But it would be a chance to start out on the right foot now. Fix all the things he did wrong. Maybe actually tell her things because at this point he'd not be able to put on that front he did back at Mungo's.

He returned the smile and looked down at the table, still wringing his hands together. "Good to know that at least that's not changed." He then looked at her, his smile fading. He sighed before holding his hand out across the table. "Might as well make this a fresh start. Hi there. I'm Healer Parker Emery. Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 am

The silence was a bit uncomfortable; the silence usually would be fine, comfortable, but that was when she thought that she knew who he was. There was no point in dwelling on that, simply because she was optimistic enough where this could work. She liked Parker enough, he had reached out, and she was going to help him get out of his damn shell if it was the last thing she did. After all it wouldn't be like her if she didn't at least try.

His nervousness, was so obvious, but she pretended to be naive about it all and smiled brightly. His demeanor, followed by what he said, made her let out a bright grin

"Nice to meet you Healer Emery, I am Healer Tess Black,glad to make your acquaintance." she finished, sticking her hand out to grab his, mirth clearly seen in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:42 am

While it felt so unlike him to actually seek someone out, to really reach out and have a desire to socialize, he knew that as a human being he could not keep himself so alone. It was obvious that such solitude and closing himself of to people was having a terrible effect on him. He had felt it those first few years he was at the hospital where he hadn't known Tess. And he had some confidence that since this worked the first time, it could work again.

He felt better as he saw her grin back. This was good, starting over could be the best possible thing for him.

He shook her hand firmly before releasing it, a small smile still on his lips in amusement. "So, what area of the hospital do you work Miss Black?" he asked, overly cordial on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:00 am

Tess laughed at his tone and shook her head. His sense of humor was always a bit off. Stop comparing the past and now she reprimanded herself. Still it was a relief they could be this light with one another, despite the rift there.

She needed to show her obvious amusement to not make him think that she was changing her mind. If his jitteriness was any clue, he wasn't that great at reading emotions. So she chuckled a bit and relaxed on the table.

"Well I work in pediatrics Mr. Emery. I work with children at this moment as well as working with pregnant women. But I'm hoping to specialize in a bit, and get into something more challenging. Where are you currently stationed?"
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 am

Parker gave a small laugh back, glad she still went along with is someone off humor. Knock it off, start new, he reminded himself. As terribly awkward as this felt, he didn't know how to fix it. There really wasn't any way, especially on the terms they last parted.

Things did start to relax a little bit with each word they passed between them. He smiled when she said she went into pediatrics, and looked down as he started the trace his finger over the table. "Ah, well, I guess you could say i work with kids too. I work at Hogwarts, as the school healer...well, and part time professor." he added with a shrug. "Pediatrics is not really my forte, but being looked up to and respected like this is great for the last stretch of my residency. "

He looked at Tess, itching the side of his nose before replying. "What do you want to specialize in?" he asked.

Last edited by Parker Emery on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 am

When Parker mentioned kids, a giggle was emitted from her lips. She couldn't help it and soon Tess was in a giggle fit. He, the Parker Emery, was working with kids now?! Oh how the fates have given her some sort of amusement. She knew it was starting knew, but he couldn't possibly fake his dislike of kids back then, and how he swore he'd never work with kids, this was too precious. Wiping a few tears, and not hiding her wide grin, she tried to compose herself.

"Forgive me" she said a snicker coming out."You're right, it's a great opportunity and I do hope that you can keep your sanity...I mean" she shook her head. "keep your patience when working with children, I can tell you from experience it's never easy."

Taking a deep breath, she was glad the drinks had come, for she took a sip of her butterbeer and once she was back to normal...as normal as she could be, she smiled and shrugged at the question about specializing.

"Maladies never caught my interests, rather it made me sick a lot. Perhaps something more of an equivalent of a cardiologist. I would really like to specialize where I could mix Muggle surgeon techniques with magical because it will take the best of both societies. All in all it depends on my boss."

Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:49 am

Parker couldn't help but smile when she laughed. He tried to hold it back but was failing miserably and he let out a short laugh when she was laughing even more. It was really ironic actually, considering how much he thought he hated kids and had said he never wanted to have anything to do with pediatrics. But the kids and the students he had gotten to know weren't half bad. Maybe it was just babies, because even at ten and eleven these kids were already so independent. So he guessed it made it not as miserable.

He let out another chuckle as she apologized. "Oh, no, no, don't worry about it. It's pretty funny for me too. Never really expected it. But it's only 2 more years. But, yeah, thanks. From the bit of experience I had before this, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it." After a moment he grinned, lowering his eyes to the table again. "Though as a part time professor it's interesting to see the student dynamics. How they are with each other and all that..." he trailed off, then shrugged and shook his head a bit. "I dunno." he muttered as drinks were set down. He took the butterbeer in his hands, just looking down at it.

He nodded, listening to her as she began to speak, another softer smile graced his features at her explaining how she wanted to mix muggle and magical techniques. "Wouldn't it be really great if we could integrate them more? People are just so afraid, they think it barbaric at times...but I'm certain plenty of lives could benefit from that sort of program being more complete. Lucky for me, I'm mostly my own boss right now. I mean, I still technically have my supervisor back at Mungo's but at least he's not breathing down my neck telling me not to use plasters on a scraped knee." He said with another shrug as he traced his finger around the edge of the glass.

Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 am

It was nice for him to laugh; she hadn't heard it a lot when they talked often. Usually it was a smirk, or a snort but his short laughter was a great surprise. She smiled as he realized the irony of it all, now that he was dealing with kids, but two years was a long time and it was certainly going to be tough. She was surprised to hear that he was a Professor, she didn't know that and looked at him curiously.

"What subject do you teach?" she asked.

At the mention of him talking about integrating, and with a small amount of excitement. She grinned alongside him and nodded knowing how him being a muggleborn, he always found little ways to try and sneak in physician methods within his work. His attitude was one that belonged to a dreamer; always wanting to have a perfect integration of the two.

"We're under a new boss Emery" she said smirking. "The old ones been replaced by Chale Donovan, that chap is the Head Healer and nothing is done unless he agrees with it. Lucky for us he promots Muggle techniques, but it's hard when you need approval of the Ministry. I don't use muggle things often, but when I do...it's fantastic you know? Especially since I didn't grow up around it."

Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 am

Parker could see her amusement turn to curiosity as she asked what he taught. "Well, I took it up last minute to help out with some short staffing issues. Not a core class, just muggle studies. So I think I'm more then qualified to teach it." He said with a shrug. "I was really nervous about it at first...but the classes are small and well behaved." He said with a smile, seeming a bit proud of himself for being able to actually manage a class full of children. "If only they were less trouble outside of class. But I don't mind too much."

The smile he had from talking about the integration, dropped to a look of mild surprise. "Oh wow, I'm sure out of touch. My supervisor never told me that." He continued listening to Tess and nodded, "Oh well, Healer Donovan is great, at least from what I remember. Good for him to have gotten the spot." Parker looked relieved to hear that he was a supporter of muggle techniques. "Yeah, the Ministry is the biggest pain. Not only with their whole conservative perspective, but the way the spend their money and distribute funding is atrocious." he sighed.

"You know, when I left I was so worried that the whole rehab center was going to go under. Any clue how it's holding up? I've not heard anything since I came here..." He asked, looking up from his drink at her, seeming concerned. Parker remembered having to work that center for one of the lessons they had to do. It had a profound impact on him and had made plenty more trips to that wing in the years that followed until his departure, though he never really talked about those trips or the subject with anyone before. It was one of those things that ran into his private realm of personal projects and goals. Much like the potions he would work on.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 am

Tess tilted her head and let out a wide smile at Muggle Studies. She remembered taking it and being obsessed over the whole idea of electricity. The ingenuity of muggles impressed her greatly, simply because they lacked so many advantages the wizarding world had in their blood. She remembered fondly how she would tell Victoria about the class excitedly and she'd simply roll her eyes telling her she could just go to her home and see it all.

"I can tell you, that Muggle Studies was one of my favorite classes in Hogwarts. And it really helped me see the muggle world differently. I always wanted to be a professor" she said smiling. "Didn't have the patience, or the firm hand to stick to it"

She shook her head and honestly she could imagine herself teaching, but probably something like Potions since it was her specialty. Still, now she would use potions while making droughts and things of the sort for the hospital, she knew it was dirty work but she needed to move up the latter.

At him talking about Healer Donovan she shrugged and took a sip of her Butterbeer. He was a hard ass with her, always telling her she was cutting something too thin, or she was too jittery or shy or he couldn't hear her because of her murmuring. He was a genius though, at least when it came to medicine. She had no idea Parker knew him.

"I don't remember him to be honest" she said shaking her head. "I just know he's now my supervisor and while a hardass, he is a good leader."

At the mention of the Rehab center she let out a frown and wondered how to explain this.

"No one wants to take over that. We're short on Healer numbers at St. Mungos, a new low even. The rehab centers was one of the places that has lost it's volunteers. It's a shame really, considering how much of an impact it is, but it needs more than one person to take over it and well...no one cares for it."

It was a shame really, it helped with a lot of vices around youth, and yet it was underfunded and lacked a staff.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:08 am

Parker smiled, kind of expecting that to have been her favorite class. He remembered all the times he introduced her to something new from the muggle world and every time it completely captivated her. "That's great, and you know, I wish more pureblood students were taking it. It's all for their own good, even if they don't realize it. A lot of the current students were raised in muggle environments and just want to see the wizard's perspectives of muggles. So I've been incorporating that into the class." When she mentioned how she wanted to be a professor a dislike of children, so It's been pretty good so far." he said with a chuckle.

Parker nodded, listening as she mentioned a bit more about Healer Donovan. He continued to just move his hands around his drink, not having actually had any yet. "Ah, well, I never knew him personally. Heard things about him from some of the guys that knew him and saw him while he was working a few times. I'm sure that like most other supervisors, he's just doing it cause he cares and wants the best for his team."

Parker frowned back at Tess, lowering his head slightly, knowing there was going to be no good news about it. She seemed to hesitate and he started to get really worried. He sighed as she started to talk, slumping slightly as he rested his arms against the table. he hated hearing about how short staffed they were. Everyone always wanted to be a fucking Auror, like that was the only damn job out there. So while the Ministry ran around over staffed with a bunch of people doing absolutely nothing, the Healers were just trying to make sure everything could hold together long enough.

Parker shook his head slightly, looking down at the full glass before him. "I really wish more people cared...not just about the rehab center, but the whole healing side of things. It's just frustrating, you know? It's not like everything is immediately all fixed just because we have magic on our side, and I don't think people realize just how hard we work."
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 am

Tess nodded a bit at his comments on teaching. She always liked children, always enjoyed being around them, but teaching them was a whole other thing. She wasn't too patient, and she knew there would be a pushy kid that would make her snap and start crying, or hex the little bastard. She'd rather not dwell on that.

She was surprised though, that Parker had heard of Chale during their medical school. She was oblivious to the people around her that wasn't Parker. The two had sort of automatically been pushed to the side, Tess by force and Parker it seemed willingly. She never really saw the faces around her, took no interests at people that were talking about them.

"It's a real shame...ever since people have graduated...a lot of them go into the Auror career" she said sighing.

It made her so mad that people actually chose being an Auror, as if that was the only career out there. She gripped her mug tighter as she thought of how bastards thought like Alec thought that it was the only one that mattered. A Healer was always overlooked, thought of as a weaker career for the faint of hearted. She would want to see a damn Auror try to go through a bloody surgery.

"As they years have gone by, only two people chose to be Healers...both female" she replied softly. "This shortage of people...it's affected the hospital in a really bad day, I've personally been doing an eighteen hour day for the past week. Last week I had one day that was 20 hours of work and I slept there. It's bad." She said sighing.

The Rehab center was always something that was the best muggle integrated thing within the hospital. People's vices were cured, and had given the person control over their lives.But now it was just an empty wing.

"We don't have enough people to do it. Honestly they don't realize how hard it is, and it's becoming tense. With the war occurring, you would think...but no, they immediately want to be Aurors."
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:49 am

"And then they complain when they get little office jobs and don't actually get to go out to the field. It;'s sad, it's like they don't know that anything else is out there..."He said with another shake of his head. "You know, there really should be..." he started, trailing off at first as the inkling of an idea got planted in his head. he then continued "Wait, have you ever hear of a career fair, or something along the lines of that? I know some muggle schools have them." This could be a great idea if he could get the rest of the professors and the headmistress involved, making an event where the kids can learn all sorts of job opportunities out there.

Parker furrowed his eyebrows when he heard that only two other healers had joined in the past year. This was awful, he'd never heard of so few before. "That's awful. If things keep up this way it sounds like there could be a potential collapse of the system. More cuts, which means we could lose more people, equipment, whole wings" Mulling over it like this was starting to make him so upset, why were so few able to properly appreciate the necessary job that they did?

Parker sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Now I'm thinking that I should reconsider what i was to specialize in... go back tot he hospital and try to help out the best I can when I'm done here. They could get some other trainee to work here while I can do more advanced things back at Mungo's..." he started to ramble, more to himself. He rubbed at the back of his neck and shook his head slightly. "Maybe we should worry and talk about work some other time...this is just stressing me out more then I need to be at the moment." he said, kind of surprising himself with his own honesty but just putting out how he felt like that.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 am

Tess was surprised at how passionate Parker was about helping St. Mungos and the whole job trade itself. Her whole expression brightened at his idea; while she hadn't heard exactly what the hell a career fair was, (in her mind a fair was the rides with the machines...she might need to go out to the Muggle world more often), but the whole idea to her sounded amazing to her. A chance at having to talk to students about how there was more in the wizarding world than being an Auror.

"Oh! Parker Emery that might be the best thing that has ever come out of your mouth" she said clapping her hands in excitement. "Do you think that could happen? I'd gladly volunteer to talk alongside you. Oh, this could be just what we need."

She wondered if it was possible, but she was hopeful. She was always the dreamer, and optimistic about the whole idea of improving it all. She frowned though, and her hopes dampened at his fears of St. Mungo's closing down for lack of donations. She shook her head.

"Calm down...look, from what I can tell you, is that while we are having shortages, we're all taking over other shifts and try to keep it running. So far it's alright, the main wings are still open and running and while we might not get too much sleep, it's worth it."

Looking at her drink she knew this would make Parker a bit uncomfortable but she meant it.

"And if we ever should get a shortage" she took a deep breath. "I'd ask my family to make a donations. They usually donate to...Auror funds but it'd work out fine."

What did surprise her all the more was that Parker was thinking of leaving Hogwarts, or at least part time while he specialized.

"Calm down" she said patting his hand absentmindedly before removing her hand and lifting her mug. "You should be a Professor and a Healer there, Merlin knows children get hurt all the time at Hogwarts...though I wouldn't be opposed to you helping at St. Mungos once in a while"

Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 am

Parker smiled to see her excitement about her idea. He rubbed his hand over his chin and looked down modestly. "Really? You think?" he looked at her again. "That would be great if you would. And we could make it a bit event, not just getting healers to come out and talk but people from all sorts of different professions. Just to show them what all is out there for them."

If something like that could happen, it would not only improve things for mungo's but a lot of other places. It could even improve the ministry itself since they'd not be over crowded and could actually invest time to train their aurors.

Parker sighed, moving one hand from the still filled glass before him to his shoulder as he squeezed the tense muscles. He figured that in general he needed to relax. He was just so high strung all the time, and constantly worrying about things he had no control over wasn't helping at all. He didn't look all to sure about what Tess said about her parents donating. From what Tess had told him, them donating to healers seemed very unlikely. Though it had been a while, so maybe they'd changed as people tend to do.

Parker started to chew his lip as he thought, but stopped, pulling out of his thoughts when she pat his hand. "I'm technically going to be done with my training in nearly two years. I'd much rather spend my time after that helping Mungo's specifically in the ERs than going off an traveling." he shook his head, leaning back in the seat. "I'm sorry, this hadn't been meant to talk about work..."
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 am

Tess nodded and knew that this was the best idea she heard. She hadn't walked the halls of Hogwarts in a while, and to talk to people who were currently in the classes she once was and them wondering what they wanted, well she took some pride helping.

"It's the best thing that has ever come out of your mouth" she said grinning. "If you could get something like that to happen, perhaps we'd be saved. Hogwarts was a home for me you know?" she said softly. "Best home, the warmest one definitely"

Hogwarts for her, it nurtured her, gave her the love that she was once neglected at home. It gave her normalcy a sense of figuring out who she was in such a hectic world. She had entered a meek mousy individual, and had emerged as a stronger level headed adult, at least she still thought so.

"Hell I'd volunteer for a chance to walk those hall again" she commented with a chuckle. "But if you're done in two years, I'll happily work alongside you Emery. And don't worry work is just a part of who we are, it doesn't just go, it's us"

It was true, at least for her. She was married to her work, as sad as that sounded; she enjoyed the idea of having something she was good at, especially something she studied hard to succeed in.

Her thoughts drifted as she saw his body language. She noticed how tense he seemed; him rubbing his shoulders was a clear sign that he was stressed. She figured the older you were it happened eventually, less sleep, and more working hours but he was always so tightly wound, she wondered if he ever took the day off and enjoyed something.

"Emery, as a kid did you ever just...do something outrageously stupid? Yell curses at the opposing Quidditch team? Run into the Black Lake not giving a damn? Prank those Hufflepuffs? Sneaking firewhiskey to your dorms to get sloshed? Figure out a way to get into the girl's dorm?" she asked shaking her head.

Taking a sip of her drink she looked at him curiously. Genuine curiosity.

"Did you ever do something knowing it was wrong? Stop being so..controlled and have fun?"

Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:00 am

Parker's warm smile remained on his face when she said that Hogwart's was a home to her. "Yeah, same here. More of a home then I have ever had. I just want it to keep being that for students you know. Find their place, not feel...outcast in anyway." he said, his tone and expression becoming more somber as he remembered that although he felt the happiest at Hogwarts he had still felt so lonely.

Thinking about what Tess had said about their work being a part of them, he nodded. He didn't have any idea where he'd be if he'd not found his interest in healing so young. It had been the thing that kept him grounded and kept him working hard to disprove those around him that thought he wasn't good enough.

When Tess spoke, he rose his eyes to her, a small frown settled on his tired looking features. He was quiet for a while after her questions, his eyes looking out over the bar and then at the nearby window. The corners of his mouth lifted slightly as he was remembering. How stupid he'd been. It wasn't a happy time. But he felt so foolish just thinking about the last of his school years. "I sort of wish I could say no. Everyone does stupid things though..." he said vaguely. "And lets just say that 5th and 6th years were my prime time of stupidity." He moved his hand to push his glass away from him a bit, now feeling somewhat sick to his stomach when she asked if he'd ever done something he knew was wrong. He knew that she meant it in a not very serious way, but memories he'd long tried to forget about his 5th and 6th years were coming back like an avalanche. "I guess."

Parker wondered for a moment..what if he wasn't so closed off. What would be the worst that could happen. All of that was so far in the past anyway. Would it help? He supposed so, but he'd not even planned on telling Pyxis half the things that happened to him, even back when they were close.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:50 pm

She was surprised that Parker agreed to her own feelings of Hogwarts; considering he rarely spoke about feelings at all, unless it was annoyance. And while usually she caused that annoyance, it was at least an emotion she really let out. Still Hogwarts she figured was different for everyone; for her it gave her the warmth that she couldn't get at home, and gave her the family she always wanted (whether it was one person).

At her questions; she simply wanted to see if he ever had fun. He was so serious, so sad all the time and it made her sad. She knew that people dealt with their own issues, but she never heard a fun adventure from him, he never laughed unabashed at something not caring what people thought. Sighing, she leaned forward and groaned.

"You are the only person in the world, that would make those questions sad" she replied softly. "Whatever 'stupid' thing you did, it obviously wasn't along the lines of fun. Do you have fun? I'm serious, do you? Because if those stupid things were fun, you wouldn't look like you're seasick."

She bit her bottom lip and wondered, if under all that, he wanted to be free and happy. She highly doubted it, considering that for her, you let go and try to forget the error. She knew that she was being a bit hypocritical, but she didn't have all the weight on her shoulders like he did.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:52 am

Parker saw that Tess seemed a bit surprised and he wondered if he should have said anything at all.. No, no, e was being stupid. He just never talked about himself was all. His usual response would have just beena nod and then move on. Getting into what Hogwarts was to him was hard and complicated and always got him thinking. It was a safe haven for the most part, a place that he didn't feel quite to outcast.

He wanted, needed to open up and just lighten up, but he was regretting his words as he saw Tess' expression. When she leaned forward and said he might have been the only person to be able to turn that negative. He gave a small embarrassed smile. "I'm sorry." He replied just as softly.He wished he just didn't dwell on the past so much. He figured that if he could just do that things would be so much easier fort him, he'd not hold back so much.

"Well...at the time, I suppose it was a bit of fun. Even if it was because it was so unlike me. But- I was reckless. So stupid." He said vaguely, seeming like he wanted to drop the topic now, but that would get him nowhere. He sighed, trying to let go of the more negative thoughts. He went silent, thinking and remembering past the bad times, then nodded. "The happiest I ever felt was the summer after 6th year." A soft, genuine smile then appeared. "I wish I still had more then just one picture left to be honest..."
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 am

Tess let out a slow grin and slapped his arm. Honestly he was such a worry wart, and it was sad to see someone so young being so serious, as if he was forced to grow up. That was a bit of a reality check herself considering she had to do that one day.

"Don't apologize you twit." she said shaking her head. "You always apologize and you don't have to. It's just...I wish you would just be...be happy."

It was so childish in her ears. But she cared about him, he pushed her on like her own brother hadn't and well, he needed to be happy. It was obvious he wasn't or at least not as much as he should have been. She wanted him to smile, to laugh, to enjoy his youth. She often times forgot that she was younger.

"Sixth year?" she repeated tilting her head with a soft smile. "How was sixth year? You never tell me anything about you you know"

His smile was what got to her, the nostalgic look on his face. She hadn't meant to say that; that he never said anything about him, but it had slipped out. It was true; it was a miracle she knew his last name, and that he lived in London. It always annoyed her, frustrated her that he was closed off.
Still she leaned against her arm and chuckled, hoping she hadn't slipped up.

"Remembering the good times is one thing, and it's great to get nostalgic too. But did it ever occur to you that you can still have fun? You're only what, 24? There's so much out there."

Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 am

Parker's smile brightened a bit when she smacked his arm. The air seemed to feel a lot lighter on his shoulders now. Even back at the hospital there was something about her and just listening to her talk that made him feel a little lighter. She did actually manage to get him to stop worrying.

"I know, I know...It's just- I feel like I should have a better handle on things by now, you know? But I don't. It's always been one thing after another and I cant even give myself a moment to think sometimes." The relief he felt from just saying a few things like that out loud was evident on his face and in his body posture as he didn't seem to by shying away as much now. He still was hesitant, but he already knew he trusted Tess enough that he could tell her things.

The way he just couldn't get his thoughts out of his head most the time was frustrating even to himself. He seriously had no idea how anyone put up with him anymore. "...Yeah, sixth year. It was the first summer I spent away from home. And the first summer I spent with my best friend. It really was nice-" he cleared his throat and looked down again. He then let out a small laugh. "Twenty-five, actually. I feel so old."

Last edited by Parker Emery on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)   Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker) Empty

Back to top Go down

Turn Back Time (Tess And Parker)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next