Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe
British - Halfblood - Head of Ravenclaw

Female Posts : 70

Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  Empty
PostSubject: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 am

Clara was curled up in a puffy brown leather chair, book from the library open in her hands. She was reading up on one of the more newly-discovered magical plants. It was quite interesting and before long she was half-way through the depths of the books' pages.

She sighed, breaking out of her meditative state. She glanced at the big Grandfather Clock off to the side. It was just before seven. Dinner should be soon. Clara realised her stomach was rumbling and she laughed a bit. It was always a peculiar sensation when her stomach rumbled. She decided to wait a bit longer before heading down to eat her fill, and closed her book, snuggling deeper back into her chair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:34 am

The headmistress was incredibly stressed. School was starting up in a mere couple of weeks, and she was absolutely buried beneath pile upon pile of paperwork. She had tired of sitting in the Headmistress' office and had rather quickly moved to the Professor's quarters. Once inside, she moved over to a new professor, Clara, and took a seat on the armchair beside her.

Nora's books were quickly discarded onto the table, and she dipped her quill into the ink before she continued to fill in various forms. She had many letters from the snobby Pureblooded families who were demanding questions of her about how wonderful their children would be treated. Nora snorted with laughter, and as she felt her own stomach rumble she sighed and wearily leant back against the chair.

"Hello, Clara. How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy
Founder / Retired Administrator

Female Posts : 811

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 am

Alcyone was eternally grateful to her old friend, Nora, for offering her a job at Hogwart's. She had another emotional breakdown, as she had recently lost her job, and had freaked out. She was lucky her husband was quick to make a few phone calls, and Nora was more than willing to offer her a job at Hogwart's. Alcyone was excited, yet nervous for her first lesson and sat in her room busily scribbling down on pieces of parchment and planning for her lessons.

She looked up at her bedroom clock and smiled as she saw it was nearly dinner time. She didn't want to go down alone, so she made her way out into the lounge for the Professor's and was delighted to see Nora and the new teacher, Clara. She hoped that maybe she could make friends with Clara, as she also was new. She took a seat in the only other armchair and smiled at them both.

"Hey Nor's. Hello, Clara isn't it? Im Alcyone." She held out her hand for Clara to shake.
Back to top Go down
https://thethirdwizardingwar.rpg-board.net
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:44 am

Clara glanced up and smiled as the headmistress sat down beside her, dumping an enormous pile of paper on the table. "I'm well, thank you," she said. "I see you have a lot of stuff to do before term starts, huh?" Clara was staring at the mass of sheets in front of them.

"Anyway... what brings you down here? Too cramped in your office?"

Another person sat down beside Clara and she grinned. "Indeed it is! Lovely to meet you, Alcyone," she shook the Slytherin Head's hand. "Didn't we go to school together for a year or two? I think I remember your face somewhere." Clara wondered if she did indeed already know Alcyone from her school days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:52 am

Nora smiled at Clara as she moved all over her parchment into a pile. Before she responded, she piled up her books, rested her parchment beside them, placed her quill in the ink and organized it into a neat pile. She wasn't normally very neat, but she didn't want Clara thinking that she was a completely un-organised headmistress.

"Oh yes, I do. Owls from parents demanding that I place their children in the house they want me too. As if I have any control over that." Nora said with a chuckle. Unless she could persuade that darned hat to listen to her, she was stuck with having angry parents. She dearly hoped the children desired to be in the houses that there parents wanted them to be in.

Nora nodded her head at Clara's question. It was always cramped in her office, with paperwork piled around her, books stacked everywhere, and everything was just a mess. She would clean it up later - by muggle means so it gave her something to do - but for now she felt like getting to know her two newest teachers - even though she was already friends with Alcyone.

"Hey Alcy. I think all three of us went to school together, Clara. In fact, you were in the same house as me, Ravenclaw. I think I was a 7th year when you were a 5th year."
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 am

Alcyone inspected Clara's face closely, and there was just enough hint of innocence about it for her to recognise the girl. She was a Ravenclaw, and she remembered talking to her when she accidentally knocked into her back in 5th year, when the girl was a 2nd year. She grinned and nodded her head eagerly in agreement with Nora.

"Yes, I was 3 years above you. Though, pretty much everyone knew me, I was the 'Malfoy girl who got knocked up' in 6th year, don't you remember?" Alcyone's tone wasn't sour, for that was the best mistake of her life. She now had little Capella, and she was eternally grateful for her baby girl.
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 am

She nodded. "Of course, I know now. How could I have forgotten? You were really quite nice to me on the occasion that we spoke." Clara grinned.

Her eyes widened in recognition. "So you were! I remember that. It was all over the school. I remember thinking it was only rumours until I saw you one time in the dining hall." Clara couldn't remember clearly what else happened. "Neither of you two were Head Girl, were you? I can't remember taking too much notice of it back then, not until I was Head Girl of my year and started looking up previous heads." She grinned, being Head of the school was one great moment in her life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:13 am

Nora grinned at Clara, remembering in her resume that she had mentioned being Head Girl. It had made Nora like her even more, because though Nora had not been Head girl, she had been a Ravenclaw prefect. She turned her gave to Alcy and smiled at her too.

"Yep, you were the pregnant one. And no, I wasn't Head Girl, I was a Ravenclaw Prefect though."
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:18 am

Alcyone beamed at Clara, pleased that she remembered her. Alcyone had always fancied herself at having a good memory, so she was glad that she wouldn't have to remind Clara. That was always an awkward conversation, especially when the other person couldn't remember no matter how hard they tried. Made you look more a fool than them.

"I always fancied myself nice." She said in a playful tone.

Alcyone smiled softly, her hand instinctively going to her stomach. There was nothing there, it was flat, and she wondered if she should talk to her husband about perhaps having more children. Capella was getting lonely by herself, and it would be good for her to have a little sister to help raise.

"Nope, I wasn't prefect or Head Girl. I was way too rebel for that."
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:42 am

Clara nodded at Nora. "I thought so. I didn't remember seeing your name on the Head records."

She grinned at Alcyone. "Of course you were," she said with a wink. "What happened to the child? Did you keep it?" She was genuinely curious - a lot of teenage pregnancies ended with the parents giving the kid up for adoption.
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:46 am

Alcyone laughed at the mere suggestion that Nora would be a Head Girl. Sure, she was prefect but at the time, nora had been far too careless and forgetful to be even considered for such a role. However, she didn't say anything and merely returned her gaze to Clara.

"My boyfriend at the time and I decided to keep her. We named her Capella, after my..." her eyes went dark and her body tensed slightly. She had to focus on happy thoughts to not have a breakdown then and there. "Late... sister... anyway, he and I are married now and very much so in love." Alcyone said this with a smile.

"What about you, Clara, whats your status?" She asked with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:51 am

Clara smiled softly. She hadn't known Alcyone had a sister, but it was an obviously touchy subject, so she didn't press it and instead focused on here and now. "That's lovely," she said. "It's like a fairytale!" She laughed.

Clara grimaced. "No one yet," she said. "Just me, all alone!"
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:16 am

Alcyone laughed, though it was a hollow-ish sound. Her life before her husband and daughter was anything but a fairytale, more a nightmare. However, her life after them was truly wonderful, though she had her moments of panic. The nightmares of her sister's death still haunted her to this very day. "My life is very good right now." She murmured.

Alcyone laughed and reached over to pat Clara gently on the hand. She was a tad surprised that such a beautiful young woman was not taken. "Really? But you're so gorgeous!" Alcyone proclaimed in a bewildered tone.
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 am

Clara blushed. "Thanks, but I guess I just haven't met the right person. Mind you, I haven't been clubbing for ages," she giggled. "Probably because the last time I did someone smashed a glass into the back of my head and I didn't realise it and I ended up having to go to Saint Mungo's for serious head injuries."
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 am

Alcyone gasped at those words. She too had experienced bad things at a nightclub. She remembered just recently being at 'Crazy Cauldrons' with her husband, and he had excused himself to the bathroom when she had been approached by a creepy man, whom was handsome yet had that dangerous look in his eyes. His breath had stunk of alcohol, and he had ran his hands over places she didn't want to mention. She felt the same relief she had that night when in her mind, her husband returned and swiftly punched the guy out.

"Ah, nightclubs, good yet terrible. Never go alone, not even when you're trying to find someone. Im more than happy to go with you to a nightclub, I haven't been in ages and im sure my husband wouldn't mind." Alcyone offered with a smile, before shooting a glance at Nora. "Im sure Nors would like to come, too."
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:35 am

"That'd be great! We should go in the next week or so before this place gets filled with kiddies," she smiled. That would be really fun, to go clubbing with some friends.

She sighed. Clara couldn't wait to start teaching, but at the same time was not sure how good she would be - it was her first year after all.
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:44 am

Alcyone almost jumped around giddily at the prospect of hanging out with someone. Her only friend at the moment was Nora, she'd been rather closed off and reserved as of late, and had lost a whole group of friends due to it. She'd never had that many to start off with, and it was something that had often upset her husband. She couldn't wait to send him an owl, informing him that she was going to go clubbing with someone whom she was already starting to consider a friend.

"Sure, that sounds brilliant. I've almost finished planning all of my lessons so that sounds like fun!" Alcyone exclaimed with a huge smile. Similar worries that Clara was thinking about briefly entered Alcyone's mind, but soon she was pushing them away as she made a mental note to go clubbing next week.

"Alright, how about Tuesday next week?" Alcyone knew that she would most likely have finished all of her working by then.
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:52 am

Clara nodded briskly, sitting up straighter in excitement. She had friends, people she could hang with already. It was great.

She bit her lip to stop herself from laughing. "I feel a bit ahead of time!" she exclaimed. "I've already finished all my planning." Clara blushed a bit.

"Tuesday's perfect," she agreed. Clara loved Tuesdays, for some reason it was her favourite day of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 am

Nora winced at Clara's story of being hit in the back of the head with a glass. She glanced to Alcyone at the talk of not being alone at a club, and she knew what Alcy was talking about. She sent her a reassuring smile, and listened as the duo arranged a time to go clubbing next week. Nora knew she would be very busy for the next few months leading up to the start of school, and she thought that maybe she could squeeze in clubbing on a Tuesday as a well earned break.

"I most definitely would love to come, and i'll make some time for it on Tuesday. Sounds like a date, hmm?" Nora grinned, genuinely excited. Maybe her and Clara both could find a handsome guy to hang out with.
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 am

Clara grinned, ecstatic. "Sure thing, ladies," she said. "We should totally go with a theme in common... that would be fun. How about we dress up as kitties? I like kitties!" She was doing everything to hold her composure steady.

It was strange to think that her Professors when she was at school might have had these sorts of conversations, or gone clubbing together or whatever. They'd always seemed too old to do that stuff! Clara laughed inwardly, a big grin spreading on her face and she was already waiting for Tuesday to get here faster.
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 am

Alcyone was incredibly excited, and she loved the theme, but she had something to add to it. "Not just kitties, girls. My hubby won't know this, WE CLEAR? But, I think we should go differently, for example, Nors you are a sexy kitten, Clara you're a sexy bunny, and I shall be a sexy mad hatter.. You like?" Alcyone smirked. She would have two girls there, and she would leave the moment they both did. She would not stay with some strange man dressed up as a sexy mad hatter.

"I have a feeling that we're going to have so much fun." Alcyone giggled, feeling giddy.
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:53 am

Clara's grin spread wider more. "I totally agree with you, Alcy! I'm so excited. Wait- I can call you that, right?" her manners were flooding back to her and she plastered a sheepish smile over her grin.
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Malfoy
Alcyone Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:03 am

Alcyone nodded quickly. She did not mind at all being called Alcy, she preferred that then Alcyone. "Of course you can, if I may call you Clair Bear?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Clara O'Keefe
Clara O'Keefe

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 am

Clara giggled. She'd never been called Clair Bear before, but it was cute, so she didn't mind. "Sure," she said, nodding and grinning. "It's a deal!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Darcie had wandered into the professors quarters with her bags, she was a little unsure of what to do now and wondered if there were any other Professors present in the school. Biting her lip she moved her things into her quarters and thought that she heard voices coming from the quarters as she returned.

Blushing slightly when she saw some professors that she didn't know, Darcie stepped back into the corridor, took a deep breath and went out to greet them, they all seemed to be getting on rather well and she hoped they wouldn't mind her intrusion.

"Uhm, h-hello? I'm sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if you would mind me joining in? I...I don't really know many professors just yet." she smiled shyly.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)    Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Before School (Open to all Hogwarts Professors)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next