Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

The Lounge (Open/Professors)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum
Co-Founder / Head Administrator

Female Posts : 733

The Lounge (Open/Professors)  Empty
PostSubject: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 am

Roxie ran her hand over the back of the studded leather lounge. The firelight danced in her eyes and she pondered what the point was. She could barely scrape together a team of suitable staff after all those Lehrers were dismissed last year. It was frustrating her.

She flopped down on the armchair and delighted in the fact that the chair fluffed up with air. That was one of the more amusing things about the furniture here. She grinned and squished even further around the seat of the chair, the crinkling noise making her buzz with excitement. She loved chairs.
Back to top Go down
Liselotte Violeta Keppal
Liselotte Violeta Keppal
German - Halfblood - Head of Tower Dormers & BVD

Female Posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:48 am

Liselotte hummed a cheerful tune as she wrote in her cursive font back to her little sister, who was wishing her a good year. This was her second year working at Durmstrang, and the last year had been rather stressful. She gotten her head around it now, and she had finally managed to plan out every single lesson for every single year level. It was a tiresome job, but she liked to work.

The day was beginning to draw to a close, she noted, as she looked out the window of her room. The sun was concealed mostly by the clouds, but a few rays cast a purple-pink glow across the sky and bathed the earth in light. She watched as the last few rays disappeared, and then the rain started up and thrashed against her window. Liz smiled, for though others often disagreed she loved the rain. It was a soothing sound.

She decided to move out into the main room, and perhaps talk to some of the other professor's. She knew she was one of the only ones who remained from last year, others all being fired for the most part for a very un-professional act against a student. She chuckled as she remembered it, for she hadn't liked most of them. They'd been rude to her more often than not. She grabbed her favourite book, a muggle one, and she entered the lounge room with her head down. She was relieved to see Roxie, whom she thought was very nice though she'd been so busy last year she'd hardly talked to her. She made her way over to Roxie and took a seat in the armchair next to one, fiddling with the binding of her book. "H-hi, Roxie."
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 am

Roxie looked over immediately when someone entered the staffroom. She watched as the Flying Instructor made her way over and sat down on the chair next to her, fiddling with a muggle book. Roxie grinned.

"Hey there, Liselotte! Whatcha readin'?" She brought her legs up onto the chair and sat, cross-legged and facing the Lehrer. She snatched the book out of her hands, much like a small, curious child would. "Interesting," she said, and chucked the book back to it's owner.

"Say, how far have you gotten with your lesson planning?" Roxie wanted to keep tabs on the progress of her staff, no matter how long it was till term started.
Back to top Go down
Liselotte Violeta Keppal
Liselotte Violeta Keppal

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:43 am

Liselotte smiled shyly at Roxie, and looked down at her feet as she shuffled them. She'd always been awkward around new people, and her sister had often asked her why on earth she was the head of the West Wing dormers, and why she had been in that house at school. Her response had always been that she was good in a battle, just shy when it came to friendly chat.

"Its a muggle book called Little Women. It's really good, I quite like it." Liselotte explained, allowing the book to slip past her hands as Roxie pried it from her grasp. The curiosity in Roxie's eyes made Liselotte giggle, and she reached out her hands to capture the hard-cover book within her hands.

Liselotte smiled softly. "I've finished all of my planning." She mumbled, not wanting to seem as if she were bragging. Really though, she was quite proud of how much she had achieved.
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 am

Roxie smiled dolefully. "That's brilliant, Liselotte! You're such a good worker. I'm glad you stayed on," she praised, highly impressed with the ethical standard of her Flying Instructor.

Roxie chewed on a fingernail for a second, before realising she'd bought a new hat the other day. She was dying to show someone. "I bought a new hat the other day. It's floofy," she giggled. "Would you like to see it?" Roxie was eager for the Lehrer to say yes; like a puppy wanting to play ball. She adored her large and extravagant hats, and hoped to find someone to share her passion with.

Without really waiting for an answer, Roxie sprang to her feet and summoned the newest of her collection up to the Lehrer's Lounge. "It might take a few minutes. It has to get out of the box in the cupboard in my room, first."
Back to top Go down
Liselotte Violeta Keppal
Liselotte Violeta Keppal

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:01 am

Liselotte smiled at the praise but didn't say anything, not wanting to seem immodest. It was a trait that she despised, and she wouldn't take it on herself no matter how much she thought she deserved the praise.

She giggled at how excitable Roxie was about her hats, she remembered her proudly showing them off to her last year. She rather liked extravagant hats herself, so she eagerly nodded her head. "Yes please!" She proclaimed, watching as Roxie quickly left to get the hat.
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 am

There was a banging on the door to the lounge and Roxie raced over to open it. The second she did, a giant hat flew into the room and skidded across the floor. Openly laughing, Roxie chased after it and retrieved it, putting it on.

"See? Look! It has Pineapples, and Bananas, and Strawberries, and Apples, and pancakes..." she giggled. "I love pancakes. They're silly. OH! And I made sure they put on a peacock feather!"

Taking it off her head to admire it properly, Roxie decided she liked her black one better, and that this was the uglier of the two. Oh well. It was fancy. She loved fancy. "It's real food, too. It has a whole heap of preservation charms on it so it doesn't rot." She grinned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Elvira had decided that she had enough of talking with the rather interesting ghost that inhabited her classroom and would try and find someone living to talk to, it was all well and good having lots of friends who were dead, but, she couldn't stay away from others forever.

Sighing lightly and wandering into the staff dorms, she found two Professors in there immediately and raised an eyebrow as they seemed to be having various amounts of fun with hats.

Cursing internally, Elvira realised it was too late to go back to the classroom and moved over to the two girls.

"Hey, mind if I join you? You know who I am of course Highmistress, but to you," she turned to the other professor "I'm Elvira Stein. Nice to see you two."
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 am

Roxie nodded to Elvira as she approached. She knew the woman was not very sociable, but she could care less. It wasn't her problem.

"Of course, take a seat," Roxie offered with a broad smile. She bit her lip, a small plan forming in her head. It would be funny.

She grasped the hat firmly, and, when Elvira was near enough, she shoved it on her noggin. Roxie couldn't help but cackle at the sight of sensible, death-seeing Elvira wearing an ugly fruit-hat.
Back to top Go down
Liselotte Violeta Keppal
Liselotte Violeta Keppal

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 am

Liselotte laughed at Roxie's extravagant hat, it truly was wonderful. She admired the various foods on it, though she knew she'd never wear something like that no matter how tempting the urge was. She smiled softly at Elvira as she approached them, but remained silent for a while before introducting herself. "Im Liselotte Keppal." She mumbled, looking down at her hands which still rested on her book.

Liselotte's eyes widened at the hat on Elvira, she looked far to serious a woman to be wearing something of such ridiculous proportions. She giggled softly. "Roxie, thats mean! Take it off, it looks stupid!"
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 am

Roxie scowled at Liselotte. "I think it looks funny!" she whined. "Elvira can take it off if she hates it."

Roxie didn't like being told what to do, especially by staff members, but she would let it slip this once. She smiled again. "D'ya like it Elvie?" She asked, giving Elvira a new nickname.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Elvira eyed up the hat as she walked past and made an odd strangled noise when she was cornered and it was shoved on her head, sighing she sat down and was glad that she couldn't see what the hat looked like on, for it was bound to be ridiculous.

"Oh ha ha very droll." she said with a small smirk, readjusting the hat and deciding for now to keep it on.

Nodding to the other Professor Elvira almost flinched at the new nickname that she was bestowed but quickly quashed the idea to correct the Highmistress, that would not be a good idea.

"I'll keep it on for the time being, it's doing a good job of keeping my head warm if nothing else." Elvira smirked "At least I'll have something amusing about me."
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 am

Roxie grinned, pleased that Elvie kept the stupid thing on. She was a good sport.

"It's really quite ugly, isn't it? I mean, you just can't put pancakes next to bananas. That's just wrong," Roxie 'tsk'ed, shaking her head.

"That's like the only good thing it's useful for. A head warmer. Good idea, actually, Elvie," Roxie exclaimed, pouncing on the opportunity to down-talk her new hat. "I think I'll make it a new punishment for dishonourable students. "The Fruit Hat of Shame." They'll have to wear it for an entire day, everywhere, when they do something .... not nice." She grinned and giggled. That would be the best punishment. She wished she'd had it in her school days, that would have been amazing.
Back to top Go down
Liselotte Violeta Keppal
Liselotte Violeta Keppal

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:00 am

Liselotte giggled at the new punishment. She felt a surge of sympathy towards their students that would soon be attending the school under Roxie's rein. She knew from a years experience that this was a woman you would not want to get on the bad side of.

"The poor children, how embarrassing!"
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:19 am

Roxie nodded ecstatically. "That's the whole point!" She grinned, an evil glint in her eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Elvira actually couldn't believe that nobody had thought of this idea before because it seemed genius to her, nobody would want to wear the hat if given the choice and wasn't doing it to be a good sport in terms of keeping the Highmistress amused.

With a small smirk, Elvira's attention was caught by a spirit wandering by waving jovially to her as he passed through the door as if he knew her, raising an eyebrow she turned back to the conversation.

"I think that it would be an excellent idea, I will impliment it myself and invest in some of these...lovely...hats that you seem to posess for the occassion, or maybe an awful pair of trousers they have to wear." she smirked even wider.
Back to top Go down
Liselotte Violeta Keppal
Liselotte Violeta Keppal

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Liselotte giggled again at the thought of how embarrassing it would be to wear the hat around for a WHOLE day, with everyone pointing and laughing at you. It was punishment at its best. "I love it." She grinned.

She fiddled with the hem of her shirt as she looked up at the two and grinned softly. "I have this hideous shirt my little sister bought me as a joke, hang on a moment." She disappeared to her room and arrived a moment later with the shirt in her hands. "Urgh, you can use this as well." She showed them the hippy like shirt, except with clashing poop brown, moss green, and icky yellow. The colours swirled together and formed the most ugly pattern she'd ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Oh, yuck! Roxie's insides squirmed as Liselotte brought out her shirt. It was so horrid!

An idea hit her full force. "Oh, awesome!" she cried, clapping her hands together. "It'll be an entire outfit!" She grinned devilishly as she imagined how good the students would be if they had to wear the "Wear of Shame".

Yes, that's what she'd call it. Roxie smiled some more.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge (Open/Professors)    The Lounge (Open/Professors)  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lounge (Open/Professors)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1