Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Lesson One - First Years EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Lesson One - First Years EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Lesson One - First Years EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Lesson One - First Years EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Lesson One - First Years EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Lesson One - First Years EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Lesson One - First Years EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Lesson One - First Years EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Lesson One - First Years EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Lesson One - First Years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson
British - Pureblood - Professor & OOTP

Female Posts : 278

Lesson One - First Years Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 am

Pyxis rummaged through her ingredients closet with mild interest, a soft song falling off of her lips. She was in good spirits ever since the lunch with Parker. She'd missed him so much, and having her best friend back in her life was the best thing that could ever happen to her. She only hoped the students wouldn't be to annoying today and dampen her spirits.

She got out the ingredients that all of the students would need for the lesson and set them up on a table up the front that was near her desk but in front of it. She placed them all in piles, and went back to the storage cupboard to gather enough for the rest of the class as well before also placing this on the table and taking her seat as she waited for the students to file in.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright
British - Muggleborn - Hufflepuff Second Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 am

Jamie grinned as she walked to Potions, bracing herself for the lesson. She wasn't sure if this would be an easy lesson, as she'd heard that potions was a hard lesson. She bit her lip as she stepped inside and smiled at the teacher, her eyes landing on the strange assortments of potion ingredients. She took a seat at the front like she always did and waited for further instruction.
Back to top Go down
Rubi Wright
Rubi Wright
British - Muggleborn - Slytherin Second Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:10 am

Rubi walked into the classroom, feeling a bit calmer with being a Slytherin at the moment, even though it was still an annoying thought that gnawed her brain into pieces. She smiled when she saw Jamie and sat down on the desk beside her, giving a wave and a smile, but didn't say much now. She had a feeling that potions would be a strict subject, but she looked forward to it nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters
British - Halfblood - Ravenclaw Third Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Meliae was a ravenclaw student she was not from around this country. She came from Greece and she had left her parents because her father remarried this step mother who was not good mother and she watch her kill her sibling that was even worst.

She was next on her list and when she got to England she was some what content to just get away from her. No body was rising her but herself where she got the money for robe. She had in fact made the robe by sewing and copy it in the window the robe and everything.

She match it perfectly the uniform and she did her best to remember how her mother made clothes hopeful it would be good enough for hogwart how she sew and copy the uniform.She seat down at one desk and she glance up at the teacher awaiting instruction on what kind potion they would be waiting and her book on how to figure out what the teacher was saying laying open just help her. She hoped that this would not be hard and she hope she would not fail for not being able to speak English. But still she was good student that is.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews
British - Pureblood - Slytherin Second Year

Male Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 am

Carey had packed up his bag and grabbed his potions book, then made his way down the corridor to potion's class. He held his head up as he made his way to the door. He wanted to look forward to potions, but at the same time he hated it. He knew that he'd never be able to compare to his older brother in this class. Ripley had graduated top marks in it, even taking a few extension classes. Carey figured he'd do well enough to pass, but putting all the effort into it would be no use. He could find some other lesson to put his efforts into.

He walked into the classroom, taking his seat in the middle of the room. He looked around, noticing that damned girl from the forest...or...wait.. The two of them. Carey groaned putting his head down. Twins. He really hadn't been paying attention during the sorting ceremony he was chatting with the people around him...how could he have missed that?? Now he felt like an idiot and it was their fault for not saying anything about it.

He looked up a little and at the professor, who was setting up some ingredients in the front. This first lesson better be good. Not one of those stupid intro lessons.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 am

Jamie looked up as her twin sister, Rubi, entered the classroom and gave her both a wave and a smile. Jamie beamed back at her sister. "Hey, Rub's." She said as she opened up her potions book and began to idly flick through the pages to pass time. Another student entered the classroom, and Jamie looked up to see a Ravenclaw taking her seat and a Slytherin walking in. Her eyes widened in shock, for that Slytherin was the boy from the forest - Carey.

She nudged Rubi's side with her elbow and leant in to whisper to Rubi once she had her attention. She motioned to behind them. "Thats the boy I told you about, the one that was really mean to me. Carey." She muttered to her twin and shot him a dirty look.
Back to top Go down
Rubi Wright
Rubi Wright

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:12 am

Rubi smiled to Jamie, but it quickly vanished when she spotted that guy who was being cruel to her. So it was as she had imagined. It was that douche from the lake where she had been with Amora. She narrowed her eyes at him. The two of them wouldn't get along well in the common room. She followed him with her eyes until he sat down.

"And I'm sharing the common room with him. Thank Merlin for other students," she whispered annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:09 am

Carey groaned. He could not stand listening to those annoying twins. When he had glanced up to look at the professor, he cause sight of one them shooting him a dirty look and he glared back. She better just turn back around if she knew what was good for her. He then saw the other twin turn and glare at him too. He was not looking forward to sharing a house with that one. He couldn't bring himself to care that he didn't know which was which, they both acted the same to him.

He groaned again, just getting fed up with them. He grabbed his bag and stood up again, planning to move away from them. The only other person in the room was Meli...whatever her name was. He made his way over to her, the seat she was at was a bit further away from the twins then his previous seat. He set his bag on the ground as he sat next to the girl.

"Hey, you don't mind if I sit here, right?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Meliae was here to learn she did not know about the two twins that is. What they here for? Where they here to learn because it seemed to her that point of the classroom was to learn in classroom. Not to babble and point out who you disliked and she seemed to be studying the teacher and that what she was here for.

She was kinda glad that she did not two house but then again she not with Carey she was only boy that she knew in the whole school because she seemed to be adopt by Carey family that is.No she did not mind that she want to seat with her that was not big issue with her as long he did not caused any trouble.

No I don't mind you seating with me. She just hope for some good grades and such things she look up at the teacher she just hope he would not get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth
British - Halfblood - Gryffindor Second Year
British - Halfblood - Gryffindor Second Year

Female Posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 am

Aislin walked into her Potions Lesson, bag slung over one shoulder. She saw there were already four students in there, and with her arrival there was one of each house. She smiled at the kid she'd met on the train and took a seat at the other end of the room.

Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:05 am

He sighed as she relaxed more in the chair. He didn't want to have to deal with the blabbing annoying twins. "Thanks, Meli."

He leaned back in his seat, looking over at the professor. He didn't want to get into trouble. He just...really didn't like those girls, they just drove him mad and he acted without thinking....well at least more so then usual.

Carey looked over at Aislin and smiled, giving a small wave. Maybe if those damned girls didn't stalk him or pester him or something weird, he'd actually be able to make proper friends.
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:24 pm

She was seating there quietly she did egg him on that is she went through alot of hell. Maybe that why he did not she knew that her past was not the nicest thing.Your welcome.What about the girl he is seating next too. She did not really cause much trouble that is.

She was pretty much a nice girl that went to class she did not stalk him or follow him no she was not social as the others and such things. She look back at the two girl wondering if they would cause some minor problem with Carey Matthews seating next to her. She hope not she look over wondering what the teacher would be having them to do with potion and what potion they would be making or something that is.
Back to top Go down
Biabin Conway
Biabin Conway
Irish - Muggleborn - Hufflepuff First Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:35 am

A broad smile dancing over her face Biabin strode confidently over the thresh hold into the Potions room. Glancing about she noticed that there were several students already in their seats. "Hullo!" she called cheerily to the room from the doorway. She couldn't wait to begin. Finding an empty seat down the center isle she placed her books on the table and took out a quill, ink and parchment for note taking. She wasn't sure she would like the enclosed classroom but after finding the textbook in Flourish and Blott's she couldn't wait to take potions. It was then that she noticed the knowledgeable boy who had helped she and her family she felt almost giddy turning she waved at him before waving at the other students behind her.
Back to top Go down
Hannah Dursley
Hannah Dursley
British - Muggleborn - Gryffindor Second Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:32 am

After her spell in the abandoned classroom Hannah was relieved when finally she found her way. Her cane tapping lightly on the floor she listened carefully to the echo as she made her way to an empty seat near the door. After organizing her things in such a way that she could easily find everything she traced the dented cool contours of the pewter cauldron before her. Her fingers light as butterflies she felt the wooden spoon beside it before adjusting her dark glasses a bit hoping to hide her very abnormal lack of eyes.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

Female Posts : 278

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:47 am

Pyxis watched as they all walked inside and smiled at the students, though her smile was tinged with warning and her eyes portrayed that she could turn angry within a matter of seconds. She watched as the Slytherin boy abruptly stood up and walked over to another desk. She raised an eyebrow at this but didn't question it, not caring why if she was perfectly honest. The weird ways her students worked were a mystery to her - one she didn't really desire to solve all that much as she knew it would bring confusion. She waited until all of the students had arrived and glanced at the blind girl with her teeth digging into her lip. She'd made a sheet of paper with the special writing for blind people before hand and she quickly walked over to Hannah.

"Mr. Dursley," she said quietly as she reached the girls desk and put the paper in her hands. "Im going to write this up on the board for the other students and i'll say it out-loud but I thought it would be easier for you if you also had this to follow." She then walked back up the front and wrote on the board;

'Whats your name?'
'Where do you live?'
'What do you want to get out of potions?'
'What potion would you be most interested in learning?'

"Alright, I want you all to answer these questions aloud to me. I'll go first, im Pyxis Wilson but i'd appreciate it if you called my Professor Wilson. I live at Hogwarts for the time when school is on and the weeks before, but when im not here I live in Birmingham. What I want to get out of these lessons is for you to all be interested and good at brewing potions. I can't answer the last one as my now thoughts, but when I was at school I was most interested in learning Felixis Felicis. Your turn." She motioned to the students.

Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:00 am

Carey looked away form Meliae and to the door when he heard it open again. Huh, that girl from the shop. She was certainly so cheery. But who wouldn't be when exposed to all this for the very first time. Granted it was pretty exciting for him too, but he knew it was different for muggleborns. It was a fantasy come true.

He watched her take her seat and she looked over after she pulled out her things. She seemed really happy and waved at him. He couldn't help but smile, her mood seemed a bit contagious and he waved back as she waved to everyone else.He then glanced over as another student entered. A..blind girl? Interesting. He wondered how she'd be able to to in the classes. The professors would obviously help, but he found himself curious for how.

He then looked back at the professor, letting out a small yawn. He squinted his eyes at the board and leaned forward to try to read what she wrote better. Next class he needed to remember to move more to the front so he could see. He let out a quiet groan. Introductions....great. Just great.

He sat up a bit, taking the initiative to go first. "I'm Carey Matthews. I live in Londonderry, Northern Ireland." He sighed, thinking momentarily what he wanted to get out of the class....he didn't know. He didn't want to try too hard, there was no point to it. But he did fidn it a bit interesting. "I'm not exactly sure what I want to get out of the class. I just find it interesting." Maybe if he learned a bit then he could keep up with all his brother's potion jargon. It was pretty annoying. He hesitated again when thinking of what he wanted to learn to brew. He'd not get all personal, just say it and be done. "I want to learn how to brew calming droughts...." He then leaned back in his chair again, looking around at the other people in the class, keeping his eyes as far from the terrible twins as he could.
Back to top Go down
Biabin Conway
Biabin Conway

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:50 am

Biabin bounced in her chair as the boy spoke, she was so excited she felt as though she would simply burst at the seams! As soon as he stopped she hopped out of her seat and said, "My name's Biabin Conway, and Ah live with me Aunt Muirenn and Uncle Arwel in London. Ah want ta get as much as Ah can out ta this class!" she smiled. "And Ah would love ta brew anythin', everthin'!" Looking about the room she hoped everyone was a excited as she was. Doing so she wondered if she would make any friends. The boy from the shop of course, she already considered him her friend, he had helped her considerably and so that sat him squarely in her list of friends. She bounced in her seat again, she couldn't wait to do something, anything! Picking up her book she hugged it tightly as though it had granted her this wondrous opportunity to be in such a fantastic place!
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:29 am

Meliae look up she had to do this again she thought they had do introduce thing. She slowly stood up thought she was living with Mathews the boy slytherin and she got quiet as she look around the other students.

"I'm Meliae Winter. I used to live in Greece. I I left Greece due to personal reasons. I now live Carey Mathews.Well I don't know what get but I potions maybe some potions stuff will help me in case encourage my parents I don't go into my reasons.It took her awhile she did not know what she would get out of this class and then finally she look up at the teacher. She look down at the book she got for school with the potion.

I guess I would liked to learn about how to make the Polyjuice potion. Then she seat back down and she got quiet and then she seat back down looking back at the book quietly studying the book quietly and such things.
Back to top Go down
Rubi Wright
Rubi Wright

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 am

Rubi paid attention to the front, but her eyes drifted to that Matthews boy annoyingly often. He was so irritating! She grit her teeth, and looked down at the table, feeling like scratching her nails into them. She was pretty annoyed to say the least, and she really shouldn't be annoyed. It was too close to anger. And Rubi angry... Yeah, well, the nail scratching would be much better.

She then looked up as she suddenly heard him talk. He was introducing himself. Professor Wilson had just asked them to do that. When he was done, a girl named Biabin rose and introduced herself in a very cool, thick accent, and then a girl named Meliae. Rubi's interest caught when she said she had lived in Greece. But she didn't want to pry. But then she rose an eyebrow as she said she lived with Matthews. She looked away and then rose.

"My name is Rubi Dora Wright and I live in Peterborough," she said. "As for what I want to do with Potions... Well, I don't really know. I'm a muggle-born so I didn't know much about the different subjects, but this one caught my interest. I read up on a potion called Wideye or Awakening Potion, and I'd like to learn that one," she ended.
Back to top Go down
Hannah Dursley
Hannah Dursley

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:03 am

Hannah trembled as she listened to the others, she knew that they must have been just as nervous, or some of them anyway, but she was completely out of her element in this large place that, for her at least seemed a death trap. Taking hold of her cane to be sure she didn't knock it over she rose and cleared her throat gently. "M-my name is Hannah Dursley and I live in London with my dad and step-mum Sarah." She paused to think her fingers tracing the cane's grip. "I'm not entirely sure what there is to potions so I don't know what I would like to get out of it, and I would like to learn as much as I can." she said. Her mouth twitched in a form of a smile, she'd never seen one before but when ever her photo was taken every commanded her to "smile pretty," so naturally she thought this was the appropriate thing to do just now. Reaching a hand down she made sure the chair was where it had been moments ago and sat cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:26 am

Jamie blinked in bewilderment as the Hufflepuff - Biabin? - leapt up and introduced herself. Jamie was pleased that she'd remembered her name, but was amazed at how bubbly and confident the girl was. She could only dream of being so confident herself. She wondered where that accent was from, but was not given the answer as Biabin revealed she now lived in London. Jamie hoped to befriend her in the Hufflepuff dormitory, perhaps. A confident friend may help her come out of her shell a little more.

The Ravenclaw, Meliae, was from Greece. Jamie had always wanted to visit Greece and she smiled at Meliae warmly. She waited until Rubi had gone and the girl with the sunglasses before she stood up. She was sick and tired of standing up and introducing herself in front of everyone, it was just plain embarrassing.

"Im J-Jamie Ella Wright, I l-live in Peterborough, i'd like to h-ha-ve a greater knowledge of p-potions and i'd like to learn l-lots of potions." Jamie sat down eagerly and sighed.
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:48 pm

She did the introduce liked a pro and she listen to other intro as well they would be hard to remember everyone name though she could remember Mathews name because she was living with him. Then again she had hard enough time speaking English and not yelling out Greek words she had some what accent and she look up at the teacher was that or would be leaving or somethings.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - First Years   Lesson One - First Years Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - First Years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1