Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Lesson Four - First Years EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Lesson Four - First Years EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Lesson Four - First Years EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Lesson Four - First Years EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Lesson Four - First Years EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Lesson Four - First Years EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Lesson Four - First Years EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Lesson Four - First Years EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Lesson Four - First Years EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Lesson Four - First Years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn
British - Halfblood - Professor & OOTP

Female Posts : 235

Lesson Four - First Years Empty
PostSubject: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Sam smiled as she Sat on the gate of the pen she had a surprise for them she couldn't wait to spend the holiday with Casey Sam sighed happily than she noticed her students had arrived she hopped off the pen and smiled at them.

" Okay class, I have a excellent surprise for you" Sam said with a smile Sam walked to the back of the pen and she had bowed the creature and when it bowed back she smiled and walked the Hippogriff to the edge of the pen than she smiled.

" Now today you will be able to let the creature, but you must how to the creature first and keep eye contact with it otherwise it won't bow back" Sam said standing next to the creature and she waited for the students to go near it.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
British - Muggleborn - Ravenclaw Third Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:05 am

Humphrey walked towards the Care of Magical Creatures Class meeting area on the Grounds near the hut that used to belong to the half-giant Hagrid from what he had read. Then he saw his favorite animal in the whole world, the one he wished he could transform into. But couldn't because of its breeding, too complex, it was a Hippogriff! "No way! This is my favorite animal in the entire wizarding world!" Humphrey bellowed, then remembered his manners, and backed away from the Hippogriff, bowing as he did so. Careful to keep the eye contact with it. He had studied them, and when she said be careful it all came rushing back to him.

While he was bowing, and maintaining eye contact, he decided to thank Professor Hawthorn. She was probably his second favorite of the Hogwarts Professors, came just after Professor Greene. She was so nice, and her first lesson had been amazing. Now she was showing them a Hippogriff, he couldn't believe how great a Professor she was. He counted himself lucky to have her teaching Care of Magical Creatures.

"I can't believe you are letting first years meet a Hippogriff. They are so dangerous, most course books I've looked at say it is more third year, or some even said fourth year material. This is so amazing, thank you Professor." he said, in a much milder voice than before. His voice was still extremely excited, but a bit more controlled than before.
Back to top Go down
Olivia Harrison
Olivia Harrison
British - Pureblood - Slytherin Second Year

Female Posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:08 am

Olivia saw the creature and she was restraining herself from jumping like an idiot. She loves hippogriff! They're her favourite creature. She was really happy.

She bowed at the hippogriff and maintain eye contact. She was thankful to her professor for making this lesson fun. "I love hippogriffs! They are my favourite creature! They are really adorable. Can I pat it?"
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:22 am

"Adorable?!?! Hippogriffs are among the most deadly, noble, fascinating creatures among the entire creature population. Adorable is not the way to describe them, at least make it hansom, come on Olivia. You treat them like a Gryffindor, butter up their ego, and be chivalrous. Treat the Hippogriff as you would a knight. Or a Lord of a Fiefdom." he explained.

"What is the Hippogriff's name?" Humphrey asked, addressing Professor Hawthorn now. You take good care of him, or her, I haven't heard you call it he or she yet." he said. He hoped the Hippogriff would bow back to him, "You have a beautiful coat of feathers. Nice, glossy, thick coat of them." Maintaining eye contact and talking in an even tone was best, which he was trying to do. Complimenting helped sometimes as well, they were intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters
British - Halfblood - Ravenclaw Third Year
British - Halfblood - Ravenclaw Third Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:03 pm

Meliae was next to the forest area and she stared at the creature all the same. She loved animal and creature just about and she could not help it. This would be surprised all the same she look back at the boy. Then she was so quiet she did as the teacher told her to do she maintain eye contact all the same with hippogriff all the same watch it moment all the same.

What would they do now that they do such a thing. She wonder if they could get on back or something she did not know what the next thing the professor would have them do. she keep eyes right on his eye looking for change of anger of so some sortie but she watch them all maintain the bow and everything.
Back to top Go down
Olivia Harrison
Olivia Harrison

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:04 am

"I just think they look adorable that's all. Based on their looks but I know they are a mighty creature. I look up to Hippogriffs. I just tend to get excited when I see them. I'm sorry" Olivia apologized

Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:34 pm

"No worries, Olivia. Just as long as you know hot to be safe around them. Hippogriffs are like men, you butter up their ego, and show them respect, and then they will probably end up liking you. Cute, or adorable, is nice, but noble, strong, stuff like that. It really gets him on your side." Humphrey said, explaining what guys, and male Hippogriff's, generally liked. At least that is what he had read, this was his first time meeting a real Hippogriff.

"Am I doing a good job explaining it, Professor?" Humphrey asked. "This is my first time actually meeting a Hippogriff, just read a lot about them before now. They are so amazing..." he said, his voice filled with wonder at the magnificence of the powerful animal before him.
Back to top Go down
Olivia Harrison
Olivia Harrison

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 pm

"I see. I will keep that in mind then. Thank you" Olivia smiled.
Back to top Go down
Aishu Falls
Aishu Falls
British - Pureblood - Gryffindor Second Year
British - Pureblood - Gryffindor Second Year

Female Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:23 am

Aishu strolls along to join her class but to her surprise she saw a hippogriff standing like a magnificent beast, holding itself proud and tall as if one could match his beauty. Proffesser Hawthron was letting students in to touch it. i was her dream to go near one as she approached she couldn't help realise that to Humphrey and Olivia talking about the hippogriff she never knew some of the things, humphrey was saying. Aishu walked past them and into the pen where professer Hawthron was. she her if she could go and touch it and listened as to what to do. Then headed towards the a particular one it was magnificent its wings were ink black with a slight grey in them it body was a slight greyish white and the feathers onthe body grey. Aishu walked a few steps towards it and bowed while keeping eye , watching if bows back and it did. Aishu walked towards the creature and started patting when she saw Professer Hawthron comming towards her
Back to top Go down
Rubi Wright
Rubi Wright
British - Muggleborn - Slytherin Second Year
British - Muggleborn - Slytherin Second Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:36 am

Rubi, who had been standing a bit back at the start of the class, finally walked over to see the beautiful half eagle half horse in front of her. She had heard everything that Humphrey kid had said, and she honestly wanted to raise an eyebrow at him. Goddamned know-it-all. She then frowned and wanted to hit herself; she really was a Slytherin. Dammit. Damn herself. But she couldn't shake it.

She then looked up at the creature. "They truly are magnificent and fierce creatures," she said solemnly.

She then bowed to one and gained eyecontact. She didn't back down though her eyes filled with tears from the wind. She kept looking, making sure to put some awe in her gaze. After five painful seconds, the hippogriff bowed back. She beamed as she slowly straightened.

"Can I walk over, professor?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright
British - Muggleborn - Hufflepuff Second Year
British - Muggleborn - Hufflepuff Second Year

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

Jamie rolled her eyes at Humphrey, already irritated by him. She hated know-it-alls as much as Rubi did. He at least didn't have to say it in such a pompous manner. She looked at Rubi and could see the irritation on her twins face. Jamie grinned and grabbed her twin's hand before she could move away, squeezing it lightly and leaning over to whisper, "what a know it all!" Into her twin's ear.

Jamie nodded her head in agreement with Rubi's statement, dropping her twin's hnd now to look at the beautiful hippogriff.

She watched as Rubi aquired a bow from the hippogriff and stood far behind her, just watching. She was ashamed to admit that she was quite frightened of the creatures and didn't desire to go any closer than she currently was - which wasn't that close, to be honest. She didn't fancy the thought of being ripped to shreds by those very scary looking talons.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:02 pm

When Jamie rolled her eyes after he answered a question, it cut into him a lot more than he expected it to. He'd seen her a couple times, and had thought she was really nice. Yet, it seemed that everybody thought he was a know-it-all. Humphrey understood why; he was an intelligent person, and also had good study habits. All of his friends, well kind of friends at his old muggle school called him a know-it-all. It hurt him more than Jamie, and other people would ever know. Sure, there were nice girls he could talk to, and he was positive there were cool guys. However, guys had always teased him for being bookish (despite the fact he exercised regularly), and it irked him.

One of the things he always did was pay attention to his surroundings, and his hearing was excellent. He hadn't been meant to hear it, but he did because he didn't like surprises in life. This particular Ravenclaw liked to plan, and unexpected things, while interesting, threw him off balance. Social skills, that had always been his weakness. The only people who sometimes were willing to listen to him, and talk to him, were the super nice girls that were friends with everybody. Jamie Wright had been from his first impression, one of those girls, what if he'd been wrong. Generally, Humphrey was a good judge of character.

So, he just shut his trap and tried not to cry. His eyes watered up, and he asked, "Professor Hawthorn, may I use the restroom please." It was already bad enough that they thought him a know-it-all, but he didn't want everybody in his year to know he cried on a regular basis as well. Never before this at Hogwarts, had he felt so hurt. The Wright Twins, well he'd thought they were really cool. There they were gossiping about him, calling him a mean name. "Life just isn't fair...and I need to get over it!", he yelled at himself silently in his head.

Back to top Go down
Sam Hawthorn
Sam Hawthorn

Female Posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Sam smiled at all her students she nodded to all of them " Yes to all of your questions" she said with a kind smile she answered everyone's questions they asked than while she watched her students Sam's mind wandered a bit to Casey she couldn't help but be excited about spending the holidays with him.

She stated down at her left hand and smiled than she heard Humphrey ask if he could go to the bathroom she blinked and saw he was rather upset she nodded " Yes you may go to the bathroom, Mr. Willams" she said " Now to everyone else, No summer homework at all, have an amazing summer. Class Dismissed"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Four - First Years   Lesson Four - First Years Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson Four - First Years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1