Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Exploration EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Exploration EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Exploration EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Exploration EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Exploration EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Exploration EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Exploration EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Exploration EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Exploration EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Exploration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
British - Muggleborn - Ravenclaw Third Year

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Exploration   Exploration EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Exploration, that is what he was doing as he walked the grounds of Hogwarts. He was a first year student, and he still had not been to some of the places in the school. Humphrey stumbled across an open, secluded clearing. It was a beautiful place, and he decided to stop here for a while. Just lay down in the grass, relax, feel the warm sun on his face. The outdoors were where he went when he needed to think, and this was one of those times.

You see, he was happy to be at Hogwarts, and glad to be a Ravenclaw. Yet, at the same time he was feeling like he didn't have very many friends at Hogwarts at the moment. That wasn't a huge problem, he liked to read, write, and play music. But, he felt like nobody had been nice to him. Honestly, Humphrey felt more like an outsider than he did in the Muggle world where he grew up. All he could do was be friendly, and hope somebody accepted him as their friend...
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright
British - Muggleborn - Hufflepuff Second Year

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Jamie often liked to wander the school and discover the nooks and crannies. It distracted her from her lonesome thoughts, her depression, her feeling of sadness over the fact that she missed her home, and she missed her sister. And her parents. And her horse. Jamie sighed and snapped herself out of such thoughts as they were most annoying. She wanted to be a happy person, not a sad person. She walked to the grounds and stared around in curiosity. The Black Lake had been visited by herself many times, and she was too chicken to venture into the forbidden forest. Perhaps, she thought to herself, she should explore anyways.

Jamie was so caught up in her exploration and her thoughts that she didn't realise how far she'd wandered. She looked around in panic, before light poured through the trees. She headed towards it and stepped into a small clearing. It was nice here, secluded and beautiful. As she looked around, she saw a boy her age with a Ravenclaw uniform on and felt herself go shy. Her eyes dropped to her feet as she blushed. "Hello." She mumbled in greeting as she stood there awkwardly, wanting to turn tail and run away. Oh, how Jamie wished she wasn't so shy. Her life would be so much easier if she wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Humphrey had just been laying in the soft grass with his eyes closed, when he heard soft footsteps on the grass. Somebody else had just entered the clearing. Then, he heard a very shy voice say something, "Hello." Shockingly, the girl appeared to be blushing slightly, and he had no clue why. It was such a quiet voice that he could barely make out what she had said. So, he sat up, opened his eyes and saw a Hufflepuff student standing there. Like him, she appeared to be very shy, and kind of embarrassed about walking in when he was there.

"Hello." he said back. Trying to sound as friendly as possible. "Are you a first year student here to? I was looking for a place to clear my mind and relax, then I found this place. This clearing looked so beautiful I just had to stop here. Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself. Humphrey Williams. What is your name?" he asked her. Like himl the girl appeared to be slightly sad, and a bit awkward around people. Something that caught him off guard though, was the fact that she was very pretty.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Jamie had to fight hard not to tremble as he opened his eyes. She'd always been very perceptive, taking in everything around her due to the fact that she was always observing for she was quiet. The ghost of a smile appeared on her face, gone as suddenly as it had made itself apparent. She noticed the hue of his eyes, the way the sun brought out the colour more. Lovely eyes, she decided, much better than her own. Plain brown. She locked her hands behind her and rocked back and forth from heel to toe, un-sure of what to say or do. She wished she'd stayed in the common room, or gone to find Rubi instead of coming out here. She cursed at herself internally.

His greeting was spoken in a friendly tone that made her body visibly relax. She stopped rocking back and forth and her hands dropped to her side. Her blush had begun to clear and now her smile, though small, remained on her face instad of disappearing as if it had never been there at all. She nodded her head at the question and looked around as he commented on the beauty. She agreed whole-heartedly. "It is beautiful, isn't it?" She said softly, though her voice had more volume than before and made it easier to hear. In fact, the softness just added to the innocence that surrounded her like an aura. "I'm Jamie, Jamie Wright. Don't confuse me with my twin Rubi, she's very different to me." Jamie's smile widened a bit.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Jamie Wright, she was staring at him. Directly at his eyes, almost as if she was studying them. It made him blush a little bit. He had been staring back, and a lot of different poets had said eyes are the well to the soul. You can look at somebody, and learn so much about them. Just by the way their eyes reacted to certain things. So far, Humphrey had discovered that eyes were generally good indicators of personality. Jamie's eyes had a very kind look about them.

When he spoke up, he saw the tension in her body relax. Maybe this was another shy girl, who hadn't found many friends yet. The smile remained on her face, and that made him smile as well. "I love getting outdoors. Going to definitely have to paint this clearing sometime..." he said, his thoughts drifting to how he would do it.

"Sorry, got distracted there. So how are you alike, and different? In terms of personality that is, Jamie? I mean, if you are different in looks too, then it would be nice to know how. But, personality is easier to identify, and more important anyways. You make any friends yet?" Humphrey asked her.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:22 am

Jamie felt embarrassed at the way he was staring at her, like he was analysing her or something. She brushed her hair behind her ear again as it had fallen back in front of her face and stared at the ground. Her cheeks were a light pink as Humphrey continued to stare and she coughed lightly to attract his attention away from analysing her. She knew he was probably trying to figure her out. She thought it was pretty obvious that she was shy due to her body language.

"I like to be outdoors more than indoors," Jamie agreed quietly. She loved to be outside with her twin and their horses, cantering across the small paddock and laughing happily. Their lives back at home, though poor, were incredibly fun and she loved it. She missed her home. "You paint?" She asked with interest.

"That's okay." She smiled warmly to show that she didn't mind. She often got lost within her own thoughts and people mistook her for ignoring them. Being shy and all, she preferred to keep to herself and think about various things, meaning anyone who approached her would receive nothing but blankness if she was lost within her thoughts. "We're completely identical, but she's way more out there than me. Um, not really, no." Jamie confessed, thinking about stupid Carey and his stupid ways.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:57 am

"I do as well, the outdoors are so awesome!" he yelled into the empty clearing. It felt so freeing to just yell out something like that. Then he blushed a little bit, embarrassed. "Like I said, I'm weird." Humphrey told Jamie, trying to not be quite as awkward. For Humphrey, that was a challenge.

"Uh huh. As well as draw, and all that. Plus I play guitar, piano, bass guitar, sing, compose music, writing my own book, two of my own books actually, love to play sports, and lots of other things. I just love learning how to do different skills. Especially learning how to cook, I love food. So, I am trying to get better at pleasing my taste buds."

Jamie smiled at him, and it felt like the sun was coming out. It was just such a natural, caring smile. He couldn't help but start stuttering when he attempted to respond, "Th-th-that's c-cool." Then he took a couple deep breaths. "That is great, but you are pretty out there, I mean you are in a secret clearing in the middle of the woods Jamie." Humphrey said with a wink.

"Really! You don't have any friends?" he asked her incredulously. "But, I mean, who wouldn't want to be your friend. You be awesome!" Humphrey said enthusiastically, grinning at her.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Jamie blinked as he yelled out and wondered how on earth he could do such a thing without being mortified! She saw the blush and was relieved that he wasn't some freak who yelled out about the outdoors and didn't care... or maybe, that would make him awesome? She shrugged, she didn't really care either way. She'd be too shy to do that no matter what. "Weird's good, it's different." She smiled.

Jamie listened to all of his interests and his skills with rapt attention, inching closer to him as she slowly began to feel more confident around him. She truly was amazed and impressed at all of the things he did, and an impressed look made it's way onto her features. "Wow! All i'm good at is horse riding and reading." She giggled lightly. "Oh, and I can cook better than my twin too, but she tried and it's adorable."

Jamie blinked as he stuttered and tilted her head in confusion. She now was feeling rather comfortable talking to him, and felt ridiculous standing up. She sat down next to him and grinned. "That's not out there, that's just being curious. Besides, I practically live in the woods at home. You can always find me there when i'm not with Rubi." Jamie explained.

She blushed bright red as he informed her that she was awesome. "You're way too sweet, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:33 pm

When he yelled out, he could tell Jamie was uncomfortable for a moment. Then it cleared up, and she smiled. It wasn't a big smile, because of her shyness. But, it was so fun to see. He could say he put it there too. "Well, glad you feel that way. You need to smile more often, Jamie. I'm sure if you do, every guy in the grade will be chasing after you, trying to catch your attention." Humphrey told her, it was his honest opinion. That smile, well any boy who didn't want a girl who smiled that was bonkers.

Some of Jamie's shyness started to disappear, and she moved a bit closer. He could tell she was stunned at everything he could do. "Sorry, I know it's a lot to do, but I love to study. Standing still, doing nothing, I can't stand it. Unless it is reading a book, or writing, or something like that. Then I can stand still, just as long as my mind is occupied. Those are two awesome things, don't make it sound like that is all you can do. You are so much more than just a cook, horse-loving girl, or a bookworm." he told her, encouraging her. Laughing, he managed to say, "I would have loved to see that. Sounds pretty funny."

"Well, whatever you choose to call it, keep it up. It is pretty cool. So, is it weird having a twin? Do you feel like people just lump you together a lot of the time? Instead of actually getting to know the real you." Humphrey asked her. Having a twin would be fun, but he imagined it would be difficult at times.

"I'm not way too sweet, I just love seeing girls smile. Maybe we could be like, best friends or something Jamie. With Rubi too, Rubi is awesome as well. Your parents did a great job of raising you both."
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploration

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Site Closed :: The Archives :: Old & Dead-