Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

DaDA - first lesson- first years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deva H.V. White
Deva H.V. White

Female Posts : 258

DaDA - first lesson- first years Empty
PostSubject: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 am

Deva walked over to the blackboard and wrote down the subjects name. She was thinking of having a class where they got to know each other, because they were completely new, and fighting boggarts might not be so much fun with completely new classmates. She sighed and sat down on her desk, studying the list. She was looking for a name on it, but it hadn't appeared yet. She didn't know if she was happy or not about that. Swandeth. She couldn't be related, could she? She was a Gryffindor, she couldn't be too bad. Or was she? Deva hoped not. She wasn't scared of the girl. But she was scared of the fact that she might dislike her if she was related to Sally Swandeth.

Deva sighed again and leaned back in her chair, waiting for the class to show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~gaarasdevil
Rubi Wright
Rubi Wright
British - Muggleborn - Slytherin Second Year

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Rubi walked to DaDA and was surprised when she saw that she was the first one to arrive. The professor, White, was sitting by her desk and she looked a bit strict. Rubi gave a nod to her and sat down in the front, pulling out her books, ready for some defensive learning. She was wondering when they got to learn the patronus charm, but she had a feeling it wouldn't be this year.

She dragged out her book and then leaned back, waiting along with the professor for the rest of the people to show up.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright
British - Muggleborn - Hufflepuff Second Year

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Jamie was beginning to adjust to the amount of lessons they were receiving. She'd taken 5 of the ones she'd thought would be most interesting, and was excited to take DADA. She hoped that Rubi would take it as well, as the lessons were time for her to share her confusion with her sister over the complexities of the wizarding world. She couldn't believe that crazy boy from the forest, Carey, had been right! Of course, at the time she'd been un-aware so it was stupid of him to think that she would know what he was on about. Jamie bounded into the room and let out a pleased smile as she saw Rubi. She cowered slightly at the teacher who looked to be quite strict she ducked her head and moved over to her sister and took a seat beside her.

"Hey Rub's." She greeted her quietly, her book pulled out of her back and laying rest on her table.
Back to top Go down
October Williams
October Williams

Female Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:44 pm

October entered the room and stood at the door for a few seconds. She looked at the teacher. Strict was the first thing that came in to her head when she looked at the teacher. October decided to play it safe and sat in the third row. She just hoped that this teacher would like her. Most teachers never did. They just judged her because of her hair colour.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews
British - Pureblood - Slytherin Second Year

Male Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 am

Carey walked into the classroom, his chin up, and all the poise his mother taught him. He sat down in the middle row of seats, and looked around seeing those stupid twins. Whichever one he'd met in the forest he really hoped felt foolish after she got her letter. She had though he was crazy, and now she had proof that he wasn't. He knew what he was talking about.

He looked over at the professor, hoping that they were actually going to learn something. He was eager to learn in this lesson, and didn't want it to be some stupid introductory thing.

He looked a little bit over and saw a girl with...bright hair to say the least. He rolled his eyes a bit, leaning back in his seat. Class better start soon...
Back to top Go down
October Williams
October Williams

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 am

The class had not started so October did what she usually did... Daydream.... She was a bit of an airhead and would often sit and stare out the window, thinking the most random thoughts that a person could ever think. She got a strange tingling feeling on the back of her neck and she turned around to see some Slytherin boy with a holier-than-thou look on his face. He was staring at her. She sneered at him. "What are you looking at?" She snapped.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 am

Because of the sheer brightness sitting before him, his eyes kept getting drawn over. He made a mental not to sit in front of her next time. He hoped not everyone in his classes were freaks. He chewed on his lip, getting more and more bored as the moments passed by.

But things seemed to get more interesting as neon-head turned around. He raised an eyebrow as she sneered at him. She snapped at him demanding to know what he was looking at. He smirked, sitting up in his seat, resting his arms on his desk. "With a head that bright, there's not that much else to look at." he replied back with a mocking tone.
Back to top Go down
October Williams
October Williams

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:28 am

October laughed at him and flicked her bright hair over her shoulder. She raised an eyebrow at him and studied his own hair. It was dull, boring, ugly, stupid. She didn't see the point of having such boring hair, but she had always figured she was different to other people. October was fine with this, she liked being different. Her bright hair clearly signalled this to other people. "Don't lie to yourself, you and I both know your looking cause you love it. Its so much better than your hair anyways." October said in a bored tone before she turned back to the front once more. She grabbed her stuff, stood up, went over to his desk and sat beside him.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:22 am

Carey let out a curt laugh, "Yeah right." He rolled his eyes. Was this girl serious? "And fyi, I don't need to have a bright colour in my hair to make up for a lacking, boring personality" he commented snidely as she turned back to the front, seemingly through with dealing with him.

He raised an eyebrow when she grabbed her stuff and stood up. Good. Maybe she was moving away from him. He furrowed his eyebrows and bit the inside of his lip when she walked towards him. He scowled and groaned, rolling his eyes "Oh great..." he mumbled

She sat down beside him and he crossed his arms. "Why the hell are you sitting next to me?"
Back to top Go down
October Williams
October Williams

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 am

October raised both her eyebrows at him. Silly boy was denying that he liked her hair, well, that was fine with her. She couldn't care less what he thought of her, after all, he didn't even know her so he couldn't judge her personality. "How can you judge my personality when you don't know me, hmm? Not the brightest bulb in the pack are ya?" She grinned at him.

Once October had settled in beside her and set up her books according to her normal style, she looked at him with mock-concern. "Oh? Does my presence here bother you?" She asked him in a baby voice, before she rolled her eyes. "Im sitting here because it obviously annoys you, silly."
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters
British - Halfblood - Ravenclaw Third Year

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:07 pm

She was another ravenclaw student she step through the door she came through the door next another student a ravenclaw came through the door. When she seat down she was so quiet she was not as social as most student she look up at the strict teacher but she was not the type she had red hair but it was natural and not as bright.

Did she used some type of highlight to make it that bright. That was her impression and she was small and frail looking yes and she had start to draw as it seemed that class had not start yet and she took seat alone it did not bother her that she seat alone drawing and humming to herself as she drew a picture of some sortie.That is she witness death and she seemed rather quiet that is.

Or did the red just dye that color she was natural red head and was quiet she was so quiet that is and she was so quiet.She talk only when it required her to talk and was it worth looking up what they were saying. She did not know and she let out hum.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:23 am

He sneered at her. "Usually when people try to be 'different' they're trying to make up for something they lack." He then rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Nope, because you seem to be." He groaned, looking away from her. Why couldn't she just leave him alone? he bet this freak was friends with those twins or something. She had to be, those types always flocked together.

When she sat next to him he looked at her again, narrowing his eyes, hoping that if he glared hard enough her hair would catch fire or something so she'd go away. "Oh for Merlin's sake, you've got to be kidding me-" he complained. "To hell with this, I'll just move then- I can't stand any of you." He huffed, picking up his bag, getting ready to stand up and move seats.
Back to top Go down
October Williams
October Williams

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:50 am

This was hilarious. The boy had moved. Now what should I do thought October. She liked being annoying and this boy just made it more fun. She made a choice of waiting until he made his seat to annoy him even more. If only he new that this was a game.
Back to top Go down
Sophie Robin
Sophie Robin
British - Muggleborn - Gryffindor Second Year

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Sophie walked into class and sat at the back. She didn't want to talk right now, she liked this class and wanted to do well in it. She smiled at everyone and wondered what they were going to learn.
Back to top Go down
Deva H.V. White
Deva H.V. White

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Deva looked at the class that had gathered and narrowed her eyes dangerously at the two students having a completely irrational conversation/discussion. This was what she was working with? She wanted to hit her head in the desk. At least four of the students seemed to be acting nicely.

"That is enough," she said in a freezing cold tone, "Mr. Matthews, sit down next to Ms. Williams, and both of you be quiet and pay attention. Five points from each of your houses. I will not tolerate such childish manners. You are to cooperate in my class, do you understand? This is Defense Against the Dark Arts. Defending yourself against what's out there is essential in this class, not defending and attacking inside this class, do you understand?"

She waited for their reply before turning to the class fully. She sighed and cracked her fingers and neck. Then she placed a smile on her face.

"All right, now that we've got that sorted, let's start the lesson," she said lightly.

She turned to the blackboard and wrote down three questions.

What is your name?
Where are you from?
What spell are you wanting to learn the most?

"A round of introductions. Go," she said simply and looked at the students, waiting for the first to speak up.
Back to top Go down
Rubi Wright
Rubi Wright

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Rubi smirked as Carey was reprimanded for childish behavior. She really didn't mind that. She turned to her sister and raised her eyebrow in the slightest, not wanting to be obvious about her dislike to him, as she didn't want to be reprimanded herself. However, her smirk turned to a frown instantly when the professor took away house points. Slytherin or not; Rubi was competitive. And that made her dislike Carey even more.

When professor White asked them to introduce themselves, Rubi raised her hand and smiled at the professor.

"My name is Rubi Dora Wright, and I was born in Liverpool, though I currently live in Peterborough along with my twin next to me. And the spell I'd like to learn the most would be the Patronus Charm," she said happily.
Back to top Go down
Meliae Winters
Meliae Winters

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Meliae silly childish fighting seemed pretty silly to her. She look up at the teacher she was having hard time trying to figure out how to answer their question that is. Was these question quiet personally that is she thought to herself and then she got up looking back at the women she slowly stood up.She quiet a accent when she start a Greek accent wonder where the girl was from.

My name is Meliae Winters.I'm from Greece. But I left there because of personal reasons. I'm living with Carey Mathew parents.I would liked to learn the Fidelius Charm"

She want to learn the spells and that is one of the charms and such things she look up at the women and then she seat down. She had wonder if she would encourage her parent the real one she want to be ready that is. That is she want to show them what she had hard time talking about what they done the injures on her it was them and such things.
Back to top Go down
Hannah Dursley
Hannah Dursley

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 am

Hannah was gripped by utter panic, the classroom was only a floor below her previous one, but yet again she had trapped herself on the damnable stairs and then all turned around in the halls. Her cane flitted back and forth in front of her in a frantic pace although the movements were tightly controlled so that she mightn't strike anyone. At hearing a drop away of sound to her left she knew that this side of the hall had become more open, and moved away from her, she walked towards it. Relieved to find a doorway she took a breath and headed in frightened by both her tardiness and the possibility of being in the wrong place. Carefully she found the seat nearest the door and took a seat. Putting her books down she sorted through them placing the one required for this class forefront, she smiled despite and nervous wave as she retraced the title '⠙⠑⠋⠑⠝⠎⠑⠀⠁⠛⠁⠊⠝⠎⠞⠀⠞⠓⠑⠀⠙⠁⠗⠅⠀⠁⠗⠞⠎' 'Defense Against the Dark Arts,' and waited for instruction.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Wright
Jamie Wright

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:03 am

Jamie had been giggling as the Ravenclaw girl with the bright hair easily annoyed Carey and even expressed this as her wish - to annoy him. She grinned back at Rubi. Jamie frowned as Carey had house points taken away from him and glanced at her twin sideways. She could tell by the look in her eyes that she was annoyed with Carey, after all, Jamie knew better than anyone that Rubi could be incredibly competitive and she hated to loose. She got rather scary when she lost, and Jamie hoped that for Carey's sake, he didn't loose anymore house points. Even if Jamie wasn't very fond of Carey for getting her in trouble, she still didn't wish her sisters wrath on him.

Jamie lifted her hand as the teacher asked them to introduce themselves, though her hand shook lightly and she stared at the table with a light blush on her cheeks as she spoke in a squeaky voice.

"I-I'm J-Jamie, I live in Peterborough but I was b-born in Liverpool, like R-Rubi said... I would l-like to learn shielding sp-spells." Jamie lowered her hand immediately and let out a breath.

Back to top Go down
October Williams
October Williams

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:45 am

October looked at the rest of the class and took a deep breath

"Hello I'm October Lucy Williams. I used to live in New York but I moved to London. I would like to learn the Shielding Spell" She said with a huge grin.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:30 am

Carey was about to move away from the seat when he heard the harsh demanding tone of the professor to sit back down. His head snapped to her and he immediately straightened up, sitting down fast. "Yes, Ma'am..." He murmured under his breath. He sighed, looking down when she deducted points from them, continuing her scolding of them. Okay...he really needed to watch himself in this class down.

He inwardly groaned and glanced at her when she asked if they understood. He nodded slightly, murmuring another, "Yes, Ma'am..." He slouched a bit in his chair. And looked back up as she continued on, furrowing his eyebrows as she plastered a smile on her face. He rolled his eyes at yet another introduction... He listened through Rubi's boredly, he glanced over at Meliae when she introduced herself. He smiled faintly at her. He noticed she'd been getting better with her English, and since his mother had put him in charge of helping her the most, he felt very proud of that.

He rolled his eyes again as Jamie went up, her damned high-pitched stuttering was grating to him. He'd rather deal with getting the evil eye form Rubi then listen to Jamie's voice. After the girl that got him into trouble went he sighed and sat up straight. "My name's Carey Matthews. I'm from Londonderry, Northern Ireland, er...like Meli said we took her in." he paused thinking for a moment. "Well, shielding and deflecting spells would always be good to learn. Or...some nonverbals."
Back to top Go down
Deva H.V. White
Deva H.V. White

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Deva gave a nod to everyone who introduced themselves, feeling lighter now, pretty sure that to stay in Defense Against the Dark Arts, they had better take it seriously. She then gave a small smile at Meliae.

"Ms. Winters, I'm sorry to tell you that the Fidelious Charm is something you'll learn in your Charms lessons. Protego we shall learn, but possibly both in Charms and here, while it will mostly only be during duels here. The Patronus Charm is a very strong protection from darkness, and therefore classified as a spell one learns in DaDA. But it takes a lot of magical control, so I'm sorry to say we won't be learning that spell before your third year. Hopefully in your third year, though. The same goes for nonverbal spells, but I'm glad to hear that you have high goals," Deva said with a smile to them all.

She walked over to Ms. Dursley and gave her a special note, so the girl could see what was located on her blackboard, but the time was running short, so Deva had no other choice than to wrap up the lesson as the bell tolled.

"Ms. Dursley, if you could start the next lesson with a brief introduction, that would be great," Deva said with a smile in her tone, "Class dismissed."

(OOC: Sorry Hannah, for not posting before now. I'll try to remember to always have one of those sheets ready at a usual spot or something, so you don't have to wait for Deva to give it to you ^^)
Back to top Go down
Deva H.V. White
Deva H.V. White

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 pm

House points:

Ravenclaw: -5
Slytherin: -5
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DaDA - first lesson- first years   DaDA - first lesson- first years Empty

Back to top Go down

DaDA - first lesson- first years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1