Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson
British - Pureblood - Professor & OOTP

Female Posts : 278

Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:41 am

Pyxis shrugged as he voiced his wonders of how everyone was doing. She honestly didn't know, she'd cut herself off from everyone else afterwards - not that she'd had many friends to begin with, really. She had known Alcyone, and Nora briefly at school but she hadn't cared all that much about them. She'd once hugged Alcyone when she found her crying in the common room when she was pregnant, but that was about it when it came to one another's interactions. She wondered how they all were doing, what they'd done with their lives. "Well, we know Alcyone and Nora became professor's here, Nora then headmistress even. Funny, how we all ended up back here. I never really talked to Nora and Alcyone much, other than hugging Alcyone when she was crying because she was pregnant."

Pyxis grinned at him, feeling much better now. The mood in the room had lightened considerably since their small banter, and it was enough to make her feel comfortable once more.

Pyxis grinned back, delighted that he wanted to go out to eat with her sometime. She saw his eyes flicker with confusion at her expression, and she still couldn't believe after all this time he'd never figured it out. She guessed it was a boy thing, not realising the emotions of a woman quite so easily. They'd never been known to be all that good at it in the first place, so she wasn't to surprised to be honest. "Awesome, that sounds fine." She said with a brief frown at his expression, and she wondered what he was thinking about. For the life of her, she couldn't figure it out. "Where would we go?"
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Male Posts : 453

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:13 am

Parker 'hmm'd' nodding his head. "I thought the names sounded familiar..." He really had lost tabs on everyone. Unless he was very close to them it seemed they slipped his mind. Alcyone was a friend of several his friends, though he never recalled if he ever spoke to her personally. He sighed when she said it was funny how they all ended up coming back. He supposed there was just something about it, with it being practically their home for seven years, which drew them back. If not back to the castle itself, then he supposed Hogsmeade, or that groups of friends may have even stayed together for years, unable to break the bonds they'd made.

Parker felt very weird, hearing about something that happened at school when he'd cut off. He never knew what anyone was up to, what rumours had apparently spread, what was popular, or ....anything. He furrowed his brows a bit when Pyxis said Alcyone had been pregnant. He really hadn't even noticed that, though he hardly did ever see her, or care. "What year was that?"

He brought the smile back at her saying a few days sounded good. It would give him enough time to be able to scrounge something up. In his head he was quickly trying to remember what extra supplies he had, calculate how much they were worth and how much he could sell them for, and when those shops would be open for him to sell. He realized he seemed to take too long to reply to her question, and shook his head a bit. "Oh...uhm, I don't know. Anywhere?..no, uhm, someplace small?" What was he even saying? 'Someplace small' That certainly did sound like he was trying to be cheap. But he didn't want that. he wanted a proper outing. A few days and he was sure he could figure something out.
Back to top Go down
http://diagnosingdisease.tumblr.com
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 am

Pyxis was surprised that Parker hadn't known Alcyone very well, after all her and Haley had been nearly inseparable. Then again, Parker had become rather oblivious to everything and had most likely forgotten her. She wasn't surprised that he didn't know Nora, she didn't really know her either. The girl had walked past her a couple of times, said a few 'hello's and that was pretty much it. Pyxis frowned and she wished she could go back to her Hogwart's days and make more friends. After both Haley and Parker had left, she'd had absolutely no friends and become a loner over the past 9 years. She might not have been a loner if Anne were still alive, but as it was she wasn't. "Yeah. I wish I could go back to those days and make more friends, after you all ditched me I was a bit of a loner." She grinned half-heartedly.

Pyxis raised an eyebrow as he seemed to have been un-aware of Alcyone's pregnancy. The girl had been in his house and he still hadn't even noticed that she'd been pregnant! She rolled her eyes and ruffled his hair, remembering all those times she'd fussed over how soft it was. It still was. "6th year, our 7th year, merlin Parks you really didn't pay attention, she was in the same house as us and only a year below us!" She then remembered that had been the year he'd cut himself off.

Pyxis waited for him to respond as he remained silent for a rather long time after her question. Finally, he requested somewhere small and she pursed her lips. The only 'small' place was the Leaky Cauldron, she couldn't think of many other places. Maybe they could go to a café in Hogsmeade? Oh! "The three broomsticks, maybe? I don't have a large amount of money - spent it on my house and gardens - so that place is cheap enough yet good food." Pyxis hoped he wouldn't be opposed to this idea, as anywhere else and she'd just be adding so much more money to the already large amount of debt she was in.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:41 am

He tried to smile but but it was too difficult. "I always thought you had a lot of friends, you know...If I had known though that you were so alone, I'd..." he trailed off, not knowing what he'd say or what he'd have even done, if there was anything he could have done at all. He hated that she had been just as alone as he had felt. Though he did have patients and co-workers, even if he didn't particularly find their presence too comforting, they were still there.

Pyxis looked surprised at his ignorance about Alcyone. He probably should have noticed, he imagined everyone would talk about a girl that got pregnant at school. He closed his eyes as she ruffled his hair in a gesture that so familiar and so comforting. He exclaimed how he really hadn't payed attention. And considering it was his seventh year, then no, he hadn't. Everything from that time was a haze, a blur that he knew existed, and where only few memories were clear. He gave a small shrug, trying to give a small smile. "I hardly payed attention to anything but by work..." That wasn't even exactly true. He was half surprised to get the high scores he did on the tests when he felt like he'd hardly done any of the work.

When he made his suggestion and Pyxis pursed her lips, he frowned. He must have said something wrong. When she suggested the three broomsticks he smiled a little an nodded. At least he had been there a few times when he was younger. When she said she didn't have much money he shook his head and blurted out. "No, uhm, don't worry about it. I was the one to asked. I will." He inwardly groaned, though he masked it, why did he say that? Why, oh, why?? While he had no money at the moment, though he had plans of how to get some, he knew that living here may help get him out of his own deep financial rut, in that he didn't have to pay for food at the great halls and such. Food had always been the greatest expense for him, and how lucky he had been to have won a few months worth of free food off of petty bets with the other trainees.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:02 am

Pyxis hadn't wanted him to go on a guilt trip again, and she immediately felt guilty for even saying it. She frowned and bit her lip, wondering how to cover it up and assure him it was fine, when it wasn't. Nothing was fine at all, two people were dead, and one she wished she'd had the chance to meet rather than have the baby to deal with. "Oi, its fine. What would you've done, Parker? You had an identity crisis, I get it, I get it, and I don't like that you left but there's nothing you or I can do." She smiled at him reassuringly, squeezing his hands again.

Pyxis nodded her head, the air becoming tight and awkward around them once more. She struggled to find words to loosen the awkwardness, the painful memories. One in particular, where she'd called to him and he'd turned, but not come. He'd just kept walking after seeing it was her, as if she was no one important. She clenched her teeth and willed the memories to go away. "I noticed." She hadn't at all, barely seen him enough to know what he'd been up to. Barely talked to him at all.

Pyxis shook her head immediately when he assured her that he'd pay. She didn't want him to, even if it was only a small amount, as he didn't seem to have all the riches in the world either. Sure, she got by but she didn't want to spend $100 on lunch, but she'd be ever so embarrassed if he paid for her. "Nope, not going to happen. I may not have all the money in the world, but im not going to let you pay for me like I can't support myself or something." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:00 am

He felt the feeling plummet between them again as it got tense and awkward fast. Before it had almost felt like things had gone back, but clearly it hadn't no matter how much either of them wanted it. "Yeah, I-I'm sorry I hadn't meant to..." drive his thoughts in that direction again? He really hadn't wanted to, but it proved just how much it shadowed over his mind. he simply couldn't help it. He sighed, just trying to push back the thoughts as she tried to reassure him, giving his hands another squeeze.

His chest felt the pressure when the tense awkwardness really settled in again. He noticed the physical discomforts between both of them. he wanted to say something to stop it, but nothing came to mind. All that did come to mind was him sitting in empty corridors, sometimes feeling like he was hiding in the nooks, but he didn't know from what. He hardly talked to people, hardly spent time with them, he hardly even remembered it other then the feelings he had felt.

Parker sighed when she shook her head. Thank goodness for her offering to pay, though he'd not let the relief show. "I- well, how does half and half sound then, yeah?" he then offered. He'd feel bad if she had paid for it all. He remembered a certain someone who had always paid for him since she always had the money. And it made him feel absolutely terrible especially since she would often complain about it after, and he never had anyway to repay her, though he honestly wouldn't even dream of paying her back now.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:25 am

Pyxis shook her head once more and reached up one hand to his face, stroking her thumb along his cheek as her nanny had when she was younger, crying about how her parents did not love her and she was alone. "Shut up, seriously Parks, I don't care anymore. It doesn't matter why you left, we're back together now and you can't change the past, only live in the present." She smiled softly, her hand falling down and she finally released both of his hands, instead clasping them together behind her back.

Pyxis wet her lips with her tongue as they stood in an incredibly awkward silence that made her insides squirm and her eyes trail down to her sneakers. She shuffled her feet slightly with a soft sigh. She hated awkward silences, no, loathed them. "Oh merlin this is awkward. So, erm, where'd you go after you left?" She asked the first thing that came to mind.

Pyxis nodded her head cheerily, that was a much better option. That way, neither of them would feel guilty for not paying. She smiled, thats how it'd always been with the two of them. Going half on everything, not one taking all or giving all so that they could both feel even. "Reminds me of what we used to do as kids, doesn't it remind you?" She grinned, her eyes twinkling with happiness as she remembered back to when they were 5th and 6th years. Those were the best years.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:42 am

He stopped when she brought her hand up to his face and couldn't help but smile a little when she just told him to shut up. Sometimes he needed that. And he was again reminded of the time at the lake. The moment she's dragged him out of the water, she shoved him to the ground and yelled about how much an idiot he was. That sort of brutal honestly he liked. There were no games there. He nodded, although it held no weight. He didn't believe it. He was still so stuck in the past he didn't know his way out.

Parker bit the inside of his cheek, following her eyes to their feet, which had suddenly seemed to become very interesting. He looked at her again and laughed a little, when she pointed out how awkward it was, but it didn't help the level of awkward. His small smile had dropped and he looked around. "Uhm, I didn't go far...actually." he sighed slowly. "Right off the train and out of the station, I went out in search of an apartment. I never...I never actually told me mum properly that I wasn't coming home." He remembered that those few days he'd been searching, he'd been homeless...he was ashamed of that though, and ashamed of how bad the neighborhood he lived in was.

When she had mentioned their outings when they were younger, he smiled. He remembered some of the trips out to Hogsmeade actually being a lot of fun, and the summer they had spend at his grandmothers had almost seemed like a dream. "Yeah, those are times I wished I would remember more often."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:09 am

Pyxis knew she'd always had a sort of 'tough love' attitude towards him. It was just how she'd always been, and he'd never seemed to mind that much. It was her natural reaction to things, 'Toughen up Princess' her father had always told her, so she did and he'd stopped loving her. How ironic, she'd always thought to herself sourly. "Oh yeah, sorry for strangling you by the way," she looked at his neck and saw no marks. "You know how I am, attack now ask questions later," she grinned, though it fell slightly. "I am sorry though, I didn't want to hurt you." She mumbled as her cheeks flushed.

Pyxis looked up at him through her lashes, noticing that he to was staring at their feet. Feet seemed to be something interesting to look at you were feeling awkward, though it was better than staring at each other with nothing to say. That would be awkward. She grinned as he said he hadn't gone far, though it faded again as he mentioned not telling his mum properly that he was never coming home. "Oh, okay. I did pretty much the same thing, went home, grabbed my stuff and just left. I lived in a hotel for a month or so before I moved into an apartment. I travelled to Italy for a while, but I got bored there so I came back here and bought the house I live in now. Now, I am in a ton of debt." She bit her lip.

Pyxis' mind wandered to when they'd gone to Parker's grandmothers, much like he did. That was the most fun she'd had in a long time, and they'd taken a bunch of pictures with his camera - pictures which she still had with her. She treasured those pictures and had them in a photo album labelled 'Memories'. Most of the pictures in the album were of her and Parker, she'd never really had anyone else. Sure, she'd been friends with Haley and Anne, and she'd talked to other people, but Parker was it for her. "I have a photo album full of said memories." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:22 am

He let out a short laugh, shaking his head a bit, and raising his hand to rub the back of his neck. "Don't worry about it... Startled me like hell, but I know you don't mean it." Well, he knew it now for sure, if he had his doubts before. He lowered his hand from his neck. It didn't hurt anymore, and it was time's like that he was so thankful for his abilities. A few bruises were nothing.

He smiled a little, hearing that she'd gone through a similar thing. He almost had expected it a lot sooner, with the way she was so fed up with her parents. He then sighed. "The last I ever spoke to her was the summer before 7th year. We were arguing, and I was yelling about how I was going to run away and never come back. She laughed at me and didn't talk to be the next few days...and then school started." he nodded. Sometimes he wondered how she was doing, but that was rare. Her emotion down turn after her divorce, made Parker grow to resent her. He smiled a little, hearing her say how she went to Italy...and got bored. It seemed so typically Pyxis he nearly laughed a little. Upon her saying she was in a lot of debt he nodded in understanding. "I don't even know how much I owe for my years of training. This is the first time I'll be actually making any real money." Most of whatever money he had made before went to pay for the training itself.

Parker rose his eyebrows in surprise when she said she still had the old photo's they'd taken together. He grinned back. "You're kidding?? You have them? You better show me them sometime. I forgot just how many we actually took. " He smiled wide, those memories he would so much rather latch onto. He then shrugged. "Unfortunately, I don't still have the camera."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:56 am

Pyxis grinned back at him as he rubbed his neck. She knew that healers would find something like that easy to heal, which lessened her guilt a lot. She would've been sitting on the floor, begging him to forgive her if she'd seen any red marks on his neck. As it was, there weren't. "Good. And I didn't, I guess its sort of my reflex reaction to attack. Im not even sure why, probably all the wars we went through as kids. Bad times, eh?" She grumbled un-happily at the memories.

"I think," Pyxis ran through her memories until she found the one of that day, when they'd finally paid for the hell they'd put her through as a child. "They're dead. Yeah, my parents are dead now." She shrugged as if she didn't care, though she did a little bit. Her mother more than her father, as her mother had begun to love her again after the divorce. So yes, she missed her mother but not her father. Never her father. "Didn't your parents get divorced? And I presume that at this age, most people don't have all that much money unless they inherit it, or are like Nora and made headmistress. She's so young, too, it surprises me." Pyxis grinned, though she remembered their headmistress had been around Nora's age when they'd started.

Pyxis beamed at him, glad that she'd kept the pictures - not that she'd ever even entertained the idea of binning them. It seemed such a ridiculous thing to do. "I'd never get rid of them, they bring back WAY to many good memories." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:36 am

He smiled and nodded when she said it was just sort of an reflex thing. "I entirely understand that. And I'm again sorry if I hurt you when I shoved you away. It was instinct. Well, that or swing, and I'd certainly never to that to you." He said matter-of-factly, looked down knowing that if it hadn't been Pyxis he might have swung. Some of the things he found himself doing, having been living in his neighborhood so long, really started to worry him. "I hope I healed it all the way."

Parker furrowed his eyebrows when she said her parents were dead with a shrug. Even if they were awful to her, he would think that she'd care a little, especially since there was a time they had loved her. He sighed when she asked if his parents did. "Yeah, they did." He remembered how terrible that time had been for him. He especially hadn't realized just how crazy his mother was was until then either. If it weren't for the support his grandmother, he'd not have eaten as well and they almost definitely would have lost the house. He nodded at her comment about the money, though it wasn't about having all that much. It was about having any at all, for him.

He breathed out, still grinning. "Yeah, wow, I can't even recall all the things we did that day. We went all over, took so many. I wondered what happened to them." He laughed a little, "you better not use them to black mail me or something."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 am

Pyxis giggled, she hadn't expected anything different. She stretched out her shoulders as he mentioned it, but they didn't ache anymore. She was still startled at how strong he'd become, which added to the pain as it was most definitely un-expected. "Yeah, I wish I could say the same but you startled me. At least I didn't kick you in a certain area, but I don't really think thats my thing. I like to strangle." She grinned with a sly wink. She rested her hands on her shoulders and grinned. "They don't hurt anymore, so yeah thanks for healing them and all."

Pyxis knew she was fairly nonchalant about her parent's death, as she did care but not enough to openly display it. SHe also didn't want any sympathy so she pretended that she couldn't care less.

Pyxis sighed at the memories, that was the most fun she'd had in her entire life time. "That was a crazy day, and we took so many pictures of you with your serious face. It was hilarious. Your grandmother was really nice, too." Pyxis grinned, remembering the face he pulled for pretty much all of the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:06 am

He laughed a little bit. "Bloody hell. Well, I'm glad you didn't. That would have been far more unpleasant. To have happen and to heal. Let's just hope strangling doesn't become a thing of yours though. Wouldn't want to have to explain that to the headmistress when I start getting kids in from your classes." he joked, smiling as he brought his hand to the shoulder to reassure himself he'd not hurt her. "Good, I just guess I don't know my own strength some times..." The amount of physical labor healer training required had been a contributor. There was sometimes that one simply couldn't use magic to calm down or pick up a patient.

"Can I ask how they...did die?" It was surprising to hear out of no where, and he was curious as long as she felt comfortable to tell him.

Parker laughed and lowered his head a bit as the brought up more about those days. His grandmother on his father's side had been gracious enough to help take some pressure off his mother, and while she hardly spoke English she did great in caring for them."Yeah, MaimeĂł was always great, even if i didn't understand what she was saying half the time." He smiled and looked at Pyxis again, remembering that his grandmother always called her cailĂ­n and not by her actual name. While the word had meant girlfriend he'd always told Pyxis at that time that it was just his grandmother being weird and giving her a meaningless little nickname. He didn't think he'd ever really tell her.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:30 am

Pyxis stuck her tongue out at him and pouted. "It is most definitely NOT going to become a regular thing, I only did it cause you startled me is all. Besides, it was for 9 years of leaving me cold, alone and abandoned," Pyxis rested her hand dramatically on her forehead, before she grinned and dropped it. "No, and the pain was more so because I totally did not expect you to be so strong. It just came out of no where, though I guess you had to have become a lot stronger over the past 9 years." She huffed and poked her arm. "See this? I've gained no muscle whatsoever due to my own laziness." She grinned.

Pyxis shifted her weight to the other foot and scratched the back of her neck. "Urm, they were... murdered by the German when it was found out that they were double-crossers. See, they were meant to be spies for the German but they were actually on the French side the whole time whilst they were on England, and England thought they were on their side so, all of this is very confusing. But they paid their price for betraying two countries, I guess." Pyxis sighed. "Not that mum had anything to do with it, after her and dad got divorced she ended all of her ties with both countries but dad gave away false information and got her murdered."

Pyxis nodded her head, and she'd thought the lady was a true saint. Sure, she was rather old but she was very lovely, gracious and friendly. She'd always found the nick name she'd given her a bit un-usual, but had thought it sweet when Parker dismissed it as a little nickname she'd given her. She remembered that she'd wanted to look that word up, and made a note to do so when she got some spare time. "Neither did I." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 am

Pyxis' over dramatic gesture kept things from going tense for him again. Wisening up to just not commenting, he laughed a bit instead. He shrugged, a bit embarrassed when she said she hadn't been expecting him to be so strong. "I swear, we felt like slaves they worked us so hard. One thing they don't tell you is much physical stuff is included in the job. " he joked, smiling, though it lessened at his next comment."Not to mention I had some other things going on..." He cleared his throat, wishing he could take back that last part. He nodded, bringing back a cheeky smile. "Oh please, I'm sure those kids will keep you in plenty good shape once the year starts up."

Her explanation of what happened to her parents only made him confused. He'd never get all that spy stuff. "I'm sorry to hear that...seems a lot of people and their families got mixed up in all that... " he remembered through most of school hearing about another family that had been murdered, some students even.

Parker smiled, reminiscing about her. How he though she was so stubborn and funny, with a touch of senility. She was embarrassing as anything, and would always hold a fond spot in his heart since she was the one person in his family that would talk to him about school and his magic and what he wanted to do with his life. Whilst she didn't understand half of what he said, she understood enough and would always smile the widest and most proud smile he'd ever seen on anyone before. He let out a small laugh looking at Pyxis "Hey, remember her ugly old furniture that her little rat of a dog always peed on? Well, when she passed, I got the pleasure of owning it, though it was hell to get rid of the smell."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:14 am

Pyxis certainly hadn't realised that you got worked so hard as a healer, she thought it was all about learning the medical part. Apparently not though, and she grinned as she added that to her list of things she had learnt today. "Really? I didn't think they'd work you very hard at all physically, but I guess I learnt something new today." She frowned at his last words and tilted her head curiously. "What do you mean?" She asked. Pyxis laughed and rubbed the back of her neck as he mentioned the kids. "I hope so, or else im going to end up not being able to drag you around like I always used to do." She teased.

Pyxis shrugged again, she honestly hoped her father rotted in hell. Her mother, on the other hand... "I just miss mum is all, I hate my father and how much he betrayed the country. He even had to drag mum into it!" Pyxis growled angrily.

Pyxis grinned as she remembered a picture her grandmother had taken of her grinning, trying not to laugh whilst Parker did 'his look' at the camera. She always laughed at the faces he pulled, though they did make him look un-bearably attractive. Even a few of her muggle friends had admitted he was quite hot when she'd shown them the pictures. "Yes, I do. Smelled absolutely horrible!" Pyxis shuddered as she remembered it. "Ha, you kept it? I guess I would too if she were my grandmother, even though it would smell absolutely horrible." Pyxis wrinkled her nose. "Remember that nickname she gave me? I never actually did look up what it meant."
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:34 am

"Yeah, I didn't think so either. I mean, I guess it's not so much once you're higher up. But a rookie in the ER? If you can't lift at least your own weight you don't stand a chance. Strength and Stamina we'd say." he said lightly, but he shook his head a bit when she then looked confused and asked what he meant. "Uhm, nothing." He leaned against his desk and smiled softly. "I think that's long gone now."

He sighed an nodded sadly. He couldn't understand to the extent of what she probably felt. But on a much smaller scale he could relate. He certainly held more a resentment against his father despite how his mother had treated him. At least she had seemed to try and seemed to care more.

He laughed and shrugged. "Well, I mean, it's better than no couch at all. I was able to clean it though, so no worries." He chucked a bit, and tried to shrug it off. "Yeah, I remember that. There's really no need to look it up, it didn't really mean anything- just some weird thing she'd come up with. Even if I told her not to call you it, she still would."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:30 am

Pyxis pursed her lips, she really had learnt something interesting today. She'd never expected that it would be so hard to be a healer. "Ah, interesting. Well, I most definitely can't lift my own weight so that cancels out that career path." She joked. "Personally, I think i'll just stick to my potions. I have been training for the past 5 years, so y'know, im good." She grinned. "Nothing, huh?" She cocked an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Cough up." She then pouted. "I reckon I could still drag you around if I tried, and you didn't dig your heels in or something."

She blew her hair out of her face as it fell into it, the wavy locks annoying her. She brushed it out the way and tucked her hair behind her ear. She frowned and tried to push thoughts of her mother out of her mind.

"That's good." Pyxis said, not exactly sure if she'd want the chair hanging around her house anyway. It wasn't the nicest looking thing she'd ever seen, but there was sentimental value within it. Pyxis frowned as he insisted she didn't look it up, but she shrugged it off. It probably meant something he didn't want her to know, which only made her want to know more.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:06 am

"Oh, well you know, there's a thing that could get you in." He said, raising his eyebrows "They like rookies with potion skills. Certainly got me through to some higher skilled cases." He smiled, looking at her. "And while I usually make up my own batches, maybe sometimes we could work together sometimes. We certainly make a pair in Potion's class."

He sighed, looking away from her as she wanted him to spill. "I- It really is nothing. I've just had to defend myself a few times physically, so training helped..." he said rushed, trying to just brush it off and forget about it, though he knew she never just dropped things.

"It's still ugly as sin, though. Glamour charms just made it look weird. Luckily no one comes over to they'd never have to see." He ran his hand through his hair, and sighed. "Uhm, so...The Three Broomsticks, noonish a few days from now? What day would be best for you?" he asked, knowing he'd need a deadline for when to get the money. Thinking about potions had reminded him of the outing.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 am

Pyxis shook her head as he said that, as she'd never really found the idea of being a healer appealing - due to certain problems she held with blood, needles and anything of the sorts. "No thanks, I have a problem with blood, needles, surgery, all that sort of stuff. And sick people, im not very good with sick people. Did I mention blood?" She shuddered at the thought of blood and felt dizzy, so she pushed said thoughts out of her head. "We would, we'd probably get through it amazingly fast."

Pyxis frowned at this, why would he have to defend himself? Had he lived on the street or something? "Why on EARTH would you have to defend yourself physically? Merlin's beard you haven't been living on the streets, have you?" She asked in alarm.

Pyxis giggled as he said that, she completely agreed with him. It was one of the ugliest couches in the world, which was typical of an old lady to own. "Why is it that old people own such hideous furniture?" She asked rhetorically. "Well, erm, maybe Thursday? Its Sunday today, right? Or am I getting my days mixed up?" She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:23 am

He chuckled a bit and shrugged. "You're loss then," he joked, knowing she wasn't one to be able to like it. Not many people were one for such trying work. Sometimes it certainly took stomach and strong will, especially with things like Dragon related accidents or during full moons. "Yeah, I don't imagine you'd have very good bed side manners with patients anyway." he teased.

Parker looked down, leaning against the desk, running a hand though his hair, brushing his hair back from his face. "Okay, look..." He brought his hand up to her shoulder, looking at her.. "Just calm down. I will say that there was a time when I did. But! That was hardly a week and it was when I was looking for the place I'm in now..." He lowered his eyes away from her again, remembering the times he had been cornered on his way home from late shifts at the hospital.

Parker nodded in agreement, "Yeah, that sounds great. Thursday sounds just great." He smiled a bit. And he knew that would give him just the time he needed. Maybe he'd even be able to sell enough to be able to get a new shirt or something for when school started. He tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows a bit, thinking. "Yeah, I think. I can't keep them straight myself." he said, cracking a smile. "So thursday it is."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Pyxis rolled her eyes as he said 'her loss'. She didn't exactly think it a loss, and though she did like to help others sometimes, blood and guts she would draw the line at. "Bah, my loss indeed." She grinned softly. She wondered how Parker did it, the blood, the guts, the needles, she shuddered. Needles, she hated them more than anything else. "Oi! Stop picking on me." She huffed, first kids and now patients? She stuck her tongue out at him.

Pyxis briefly looked at his arm before her eyes flitted back to his own as he said there was a time that he did. She almost growled, and her mouth opened to speak but he rather swiftly cut across her. She shut her mouth once more and sighed. "A week? Merlin, Parker." She frowned at him. "And what about the rest of the time? I doubt a week on the streets would make you like this." She motioned to him and huffed.

"Alright, that sounds good." Pyxis knew she had a couple of contracts to sign beforehand, and she didn't want them to clash with their outing, otherwise she'd be in a terrible mood while they were out.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:44 pm

"Yep, I'm sure you'd really be missing out on the late hours and hard work. Being exhausted is just soo much fun though." he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He laughed a bit. "Oh, you know I'm just joking around, Pyx." He smiled when she stuck her tongue out. "Mind your tongue too, I'll have to know, my reflexes picked up a bit too." he joked. He sighed a little. He felt like he'd not joked around like this in ages. It literally had been ages...

He lowered he hand from her shoulder as he kept his eyes down. He opened his mouth and hesitated. Sadly enough, that week on the streets brought him less trouble than his current home. No one ever thought it worth wasting time on some kid with absolutely nothing. Only once did he have to resort to begging, all the other times he had no money with nothing more than his trunk which he kept hidden. Only after he got his home, and had a little bit of money was when the trouble started. "It- it-'s because of where I live..." He didn't elaborate more. He hated where he lived, but it's the only place he could afford. He knew that every weekend once school started he'd need to check back to make sure he kept his security charms up so he wasn't robbed blind.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 am

Pyxis giggled as she thought about it, she'd never been a major workaholic so long hours did not appeal to her. She wondered how she would cope with being a full time teacher of 7 different year levels. She really didn't want to have to deal with the exploding potions of the students within her class, but alas, she must. "Gah, long hours, im not sure if i'd survive here, let alone in a hospital." She grinned. Pyxis grinned as she was informed to mind her tongue and she patted her mouth. "I will try too, though im not making any promises." She joked.

It was just like old times, joking around like they always did. She'd missed that, and not even Haley had been able to take her teases and jabs as he did. Other kids had taken offence at her little jokes, not hearing the playful tone, but he never missed what was a joke and what was serious.

Pyxis frowned and placed her hands on her hips as she eyed him with concern. She couldn't believe her best friend had been living on the streets with absolutely nothing for a whole week, and when he confessed that he was still having said problems because of where he lived, her lips pressed into a thin line. Sure, she didn't live in the greatest area herself and she wouldn't dare venture out of her home at night, but that was only a night. During the day, everything was lovely, and there weren't any robberies in her area. Just rape and mugging. "Oh, Parker, I wish i'd known. I- I would've helped you out... Not that my area's all that good mind you, but you wouldn't have to worry at all. Its more- more," she stopped and sighed. "Anyway, is there no one else you can go to, no one at all?"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)   Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorting Through an Explanation (Parks and Pyx)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next