Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Learning (Tess & Lucy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Learning (Tess & Lucy) Empty
PostSubject: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:03 am

Lucy was incredibly excited for the up-coming mentor session that she was to have with Tess Black. She'd heard nothing but good things about her, which was great in Lucy's mind. Her loving, caring nature meant that she desperately wanted to be good at this job so she could help lots of wizards and witches. She wanted to be trained in lots of different fields, too, and she had been informed that Tess was experienced in many fields.

She brushed her hair back into a low ponytail and pulled on her white coat, buttoning it up at the front. She walked through the lounge room of her flat and over to her floo pot. She took a handful of it and stepped into the fireplace, letting the floo powder drop out of her hand. She stepped out of the fireplace at St. Mungo's ground floor.

She walked over to the elevator and took it up to the 5th floor, where she stood and waited, looking around for Tess Black.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 495

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:14 am

Removing the scrubs from her body, she slipped on her white coat and smiled as she walked to the fifth. She was just leaving obstetrics having helped a woman give birth, though through a cesarean as complicated as it was. A breaching baby was always a danger.

She wiped her brow and took off her scrubs cap letting her hair stay in a bun, for professional reasons. She was pretty excited because not only did she have one mentee, now she had two. Lucy was her name, and she was excited to see that perhaps if she did this correctly, she'd be able to prove she wasn't so useless in this field. There were some that credited her, as did Chale and Parker, and not so much. She wouldn't dwell on that now would she.

She smiled brightly as she saw the girl standing there waiting for someone. Walking towards her, she had her folder at hand and stood in front of her, to get her attention.

"Hello!" she said smiling. "I'm Tess Black"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:21 am

Lucy shifted her weight from one foot to the other, barely able to contain a huge grin that wanted to sweep over her face. She was just so excited to finally be able to pursue a career that she'd always wanted to be in ever since she was a little girl - though back then, she'd wanted to be a muggle doctor. The only other career she'd ever been interested in was art, and she had already made some money off of her pieces.

She looked up as a woman approached her with a friendly, bright smile, and she smiled back at her warmly. This must be Tess, she thought to herself. She was glad that Tess looked friendly, she'd been worried that Tess might be one of those all-work-no-play people. Not that Lucy didn't work hard, but those sort of overly serious people tended to intimidate her, and she'd often get in trouble with them for being so shy.

Lucy smiled at the greeting, her eyes flickering to the folder that was in Tess' hands. She looked back up at Tess and held out her hand to Tess' free one for her to shake. "Hi, Tess," she greeted her mentor. "I'm Lucy Watts, it's nice to meet you!"
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:33 am

Lucy looked friendly enough, a bit introverted, but nothing she couldn't handle. In fact, she was reminded of herself during school, when she was closed off, until she met a person that she could talk to, perhaps she would be the helpful person who would help her open up.

Tess' smile was never removed from her face and shook the younger woman's hand. She knew that the process could perhaps be the hardest part of decided to become a Healer, and she with the smaller number of Healers, each one that was interested counted.

"And it's a pleasure to meet you!" she replied brightly. "Your file shows nothing but excellence so I know your passion is there. I only hope that you stay committed and show just how strong your dedication is."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:50 am

Lucy had to resist the urge to fiddle with something as she smiled timidly at Tess. She'd known her whole life that she was far more of an introvert than an extrovert, and it had never bothered her. But she tended to notice that people didn't think of her as anything big, or even take her seriously when they noted her fiddlesome behaviour.

She didn't want Tess to think that she wasn't deserving of this job, because she'd dreamed of it ever since she was little. She took in a deep breath and thought calming thoughts, feeling the butterflies in her stomach slowly go away. She let Tess' hand drop from her own.

Lucy blushed slightly as Tess informed her that her file showed nothing but excellence. She nodded her head eagerly at Tess. "Oh I will, Miss Black. I've wanted to be a healer since I was little - well, I actually wanted to be a muggle doctor but then I found out I was a witch and-" She stopped her ramble and blushed again.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:59 am

Tess bit back a giggle not wanting to make her feel bad and tilted her head smiling. She was excited, that much was visible despite her shy demeanor. She realized that her fiddling showed her anxiety, and knowing this perhaps talking outside in the open made her a bit nervous, clear by her rambling.

"Muggle doctor eh? Oh yes, I've studied a bit of muggle medicine, and I actually use it in my work. So I can tell you that you can be a muggle doctor and a healer at the same time." she replied with a smile.

Looking around she turned to face her and waved her hand.

"Would you like to talk in my office rather than out here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:07 am

Lucy bit her lip and focused hard on controlling her embarrassment at her rambling to keep away the blush. She told herself that lots of people who had just entered their first job that involved dealing with other people were most likely just as nervous as her, so she didn't need to be embarrassed for being a little flustered!

With that in mind, Lucy managed to calm down enough to nod her head like a normal person and smile less timidly at Tess. "That's alright, I just want to be a healer right now, most of my free time will be taken up by my art anyways."

"I think that's a good idea," she grinned at Tess, glad to be able to talk to Tess in a room that wasn't so full of people, even if there weren't really that many people in the room anyways.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Tess smiled and lead her towards the hallway and down to the private sectors of the floor. She opened the door of an office and lead her in before closing the door and sitting across from her. She opened her files and noticed that her test scores were excellent as were her writing and the letter expressing her want of becoming a Healer. Closing the file, she looked up and let out a tiny smile.

"First of all, I'd like to know a bit more about the newest member of this team" she said tilting her head. "Care you share a bit about you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:23 am

Lucy felt her nerves slowly begin to fade away as she followed after Tess, eager to begin her training and also to get to know her. She felt more and more at ease as they moved away from the clusters of people and down to Tess' room. She stood in the doorway for a moment, before she walked in after Tess and took a seat. She waited as Tess read over her file, before she shut it and looked back up at Lucy.

She scratched the back of her neck and pursed her lips. "Well, i'm muggle-born, i'm the youngest of 4, and i've released a few pieces of art. I think my brother actually still comes here for check-ups, he was cursed by some sort of hot-cold charm," she bit her lip.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:33 am

Tess was surprised to learn that she had other talents. She personally wasn't the most artistic individual, when she drew it was as if she was drawing with her foot. Her lips twitched with amusement over her own degrading humor. Still having someone, another bright individual with a happy yet shy disposition, was a good thing. There was a shortage of Healers, and with the war going it was needed more than Aurors.

"If you're artistic, tell me what makes you think you can be a Healer? Any talents? Passed experience with medicine, thinking of specializing?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 am

Lucy noticed the slightest flicker of surprise on Tess' face. It was un-common for someone in the medical career to be artistic, well, more un-heard of. People were often surprised that an artist wanted to be a healer, but she didn't think it was that surprising really. She shrugged her shoulders and smiled warmly at Tess.

"I'm not squeamish," she said in a slightly wavy voice as she attempted to make a joke, before she looked serious. "Helping people is my thing. I've always helped people. I want to make people better, I don't want sick people to go un-treated." She said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 am

Tess chuckled. She figured everyone tended to have a hobby, and it just happened that for Lucy, it was art. She herself wasn't the best at art, Merlin knew that she was better at looking at art rather than making it.

"Well at least we know you have a steady hand" she teased in return. "I'm glad you have a passion; a lot of people don't really see Healing as a serious job, but then again, who would Aurors turn to if they didn't rely on us"

She let out a wink and put the file away.

"You know in St. Mungos we work on a lot of cases, from animal attacks, hexes, curses, birthing wing, gashes, surgeries, ER, anything you can think of. But tell me, is there any specific one that catches your interest? I ask this because I need to know exactly what to start in the mentoring process."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:12 am

Lucy'd always thought that being a healer was brilliant for artist's. That way, emotional, bloody scenes could be drawn far more accurately, and though some would say this was 'sick', Lucy just thought it was a good way of smooshing her career's together.

"Oh yes I do!" She squeaked, before clapping a hand to her mouth and letting out a nervous laugh at her voice. "Being a healer is a very serious job, people's lives depend on us and the medi-wizards." Lucy said in a serious tone.

She frowned at the thought that people didn't regard healing to be important. Many people would die without the aid of a healer, after all!

Lucy considered it carefully. So many options, but she wasn't sure which exactly to choose. She pursed her lips. "I'd do well in the birthing wing, surgery, hexes and curses I think." She said in a thoughtful tone. "Surgery and birthing wing especially because I have a very strong subject. And i'm level-headed, I think," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Tess laughed softly, at her squeak, it amused her, especially since she knew that she was a similar case when she started her work. She nodded and wrote down a little note on her application before looking up at her with a smile.

"Well it's good that you have confidence in yourself, I can tell you that often times, that's what can change a person from a good person to a great person. I suppose that I should first start your mentoring off at the birthing wing. For surgery you need a permit, and once you move forward and get into the process, we will get you that badge to get a hang of it alright?"

She knew that passion was a good thing, but the birthing wing was the easier one to get in, after all she was the main healer dealing with births and appointments. She wrote down and asked the next question.

"What experience do you have in healing?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:32 am

Lucy blushed lightly, though she felt much better over he squeak as Tess only seemed to be amused by it, not put off. Lucy was genuinely a good worker, but people often never took her seriously because of her very youthful, shy mannerisms.

Lucy beamed at Tess, her cheeks lightly pink from excitement over what she was being told. She couldn't wait to be a healer! "I do have confidence in myself and my work, i'm just... not very good at talking to people," she smiled. "Alright that's fine!" She exclaimed, wringing her hands together and folding them neatly in her lap.

Lucy knew that Tess was very well known throughout the healer community for being the head of the birthing wing and such. She was also known for being a brilliant but young healer, and many were jealous of her skills. It was why Lucy was so honoured.

"I've learnt all about it and done some training."
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Tess nodded and looked down. She wrote a small memo for herself to remember to do good on her promise and wondered what she'd do. Lucy was very experienced, and her excitement was clear, but she knew that it'd be hard had she not had good people skills.

"I'll make good on my promise alright?" She said smiling. "But we need to work on those people skills. Healers are known for their connections with patients and their outgoing nature. At least the well-known Healers are."

She hoped she wasn't dampening her spirits, but she wasn't going to lie to her. She knew how hard it could be being forced to open up.

"I was the same way, but my mentor taught me how to work on that. Soon it'll be second nature, I promise you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 am

Lucy knew that having bad people skills was a disadvantage, but she'd always found that she could be very comforting when it was needed. Maybe, if these people were sick and needed her, she might be able to push away her shyness for the better of others? She smiled at the thought.

Lucy beamed as Tess said she'd made good on her promise. "Thank you, it means a lot to me! A lot of people don't like me because i'm shy, but i'm not that bad once you get to know me, see?" Lucy tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"I know, i've always been good at comforting people. I hope that i'll be able to push away my shyness to comfort and help them," Lucy quickly informed Tess. She didn't want her to think she was hopeless.

"Thanks!" She clapped her hands together and could feel her excitement growing. She was positively glowing, finally able to be doing something she'd wanted to do since a very young age.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:55 am

Tess smiled at her determination and nodded. Yes, she knew that she could do it, the glint in her eyes was there. Passion was such a sell point for her, and the fact that her shyness had dissipated a bit, just made her truly believe in Lucy.

"Well I'm glad that you'll be trying. In all honesty, it gets easier as you go along. Soon it'll come naturally and it'll be second nature" she grinned. "And you are natural, you are no longer stuttering when talking to me, and your personality is out. You're a natural no worries."

She knew that it'd be fine, perhaps a case was in order. She picked up one of the files and handed it to her.

"Now I am going to give you your first chance. His name is Luke, he is five years old and I need you to check his vitals such as his weight, height, vision, temperature, and everything. A basic physical. His parent's volunteered so I can see just how experienced you are alright?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 am

Lucy desperately wanted Tess to think that she could do this. So many times she'd been rejected over her shy behaviour, it was why she was forcing herself to be so bold, to really show her enthusiasm, her excitement. She wasn't going to let herself get brushed off AGAIN.

"Really? That's great!" She exclaimed, looking very pleased at the information. She couldn't wait to get started and show that she was perfect to be a healer. "You're very nice, Tess. No wonder all the patients rave about you." Lucy commented.

Lucy took the file but wasn't sure if she was meant to open and read it or not, so she merely placed it on her lap and looked up at Tess expectantly.

Lucy nodded her head and fought hard to keep a professional look on her face. "When is he coming in? Where is he?" Lucy asked after clearing her throat so she could keep it steady. She didn't want to seem over-bearing. She wanted to be professional.
Back to top Go down
Tess Black
Tess Black
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:43 am

Tess smiled at the enthusiasm, but flushed at the compliment and shook her head smiling. She knew that this was a big deal for Lucy, but compliments were still new to her. She waved her hand and shook her head.

"It's not much, but someone gave me a shot a while ago and I feel that it's your turn." she said "I trust that you will know what to do, but if you don't I'll be on call."

Her body language didn't hide her nervous excitement, but she ignored it and smiled.

"He is in room 3C and waiting for you, a nurse will be beside you and will contact me if needed. If you're ready, you can head there now."
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning (Tess & Lucy)   Learning (Tess & Lucy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Learning (Tess & Lucy)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1