Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  Empty
PostSubject: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:18 am

Oliver grinned at one of his workmates as they made a crack about the pretty young red-head he'd been flirting with last night. He hadn't really been interested in her, red-head's weren't really his type. He liked blonde's, and brunette's. Not that he would discriminate against a girl because of their hair colour, but his track record showed that he found the brunette's and blonde's to be the most attractive. Besides, that girl'd been as dumb as batshit. He laughed nonetheless at Jason's joke and shook his head. "Fuck up man and get back to cleaning those dishes." He shook his head and grinned as Jason army saluted him and over-saw the scrubbing of the dishes. Oliver walked back out to the front counter with a rag over hire shoulder before he started to wipe it down and get it back to that shine. The customers were slowly starting to trickle in as night dawned on them, and he knew they'd be in for another fast one. Hopefully make bit of cash, that would make the manager happy and then he wouldn't yell at anyone tonight. Oliver grinned.
Back to top Go down
Holbry Allyn
Holbry Allyn

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 am

There was honestly no point in Holbry being here.

She wasn't some ickle, coming to Hogwarts for the first time, all smiles in wonderment and wide excited eyes. Nor was she meeting some mysterious stranger for a blind date, like her friend had tried to do earlier in the year. No, Holbry was walking here for no particular other than the fact she was bored. Boredom, she scoffed.

Taking a seat, Holbry looked around as she waited for someone to serve. Looking at one of the waiters, Holbry motioned with her hand for him to come over here. At least, she hoped he was a waiter. "Oi, do you work here?"
Back to top Go down
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:13 am

Oliver looked up as she someone called out his name. He grinned and waved at one of the regular's, moving over to serve them.

"What can I get you today, Lucas?" He asked the man, who proclaim din a very, very loud voice 'THE USUAL!'. Oliver nodded his head and moved off to pour the glass of fire whisky. He slid the shot down the bar to Lucas' open hand and had a sickle slid up to him. He put t in the register and looked over as she saw a hand wave.

He moved around the counter and walked over to the lovely young lady with beautiful, pale blonde hair. Damn, that was his favourite shade of blonde. She had fair skin to go with it too, and her skin was... How the hell did she get it so flawless? He shook his head. "Yup," he grinned lopsidedly at her. "What can I get you?"
Back to top Go down
Holbry Allyn
Holbry Allyn

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:21 am

Glancing up with a lazy gracefulness that only an Allyn could possess, Holbry resisted the urge to raise an eyebrow at his boyish grin. The man was... attractive to say the least. Holbry would never deny that. Yet, that didn't mean he wasn't trouble. Most men were trouble. Raising her hand up, she rested her palm against the cool wood of the table as she gazed upon him, sizing him up to a certain degree.

"It depends," she murmured, the corner of her painted red lips twitching up into a smirk. "What would you recommend?" Holbry glanced back at his coworkers. Keeping her gaze fixed on them, she let the slight smirk grow. "Do you think your coworkers could handle themselves without you? I'm looking for a bit of company."

It couldn't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:31 am

The way she looked up at him almost caused him to raise his eyebrows. He'd never seen someone look up so lazily, yet with so much grace adde din that movement. It was surprising, nonetheless, and he was slightly startled. Okay then, that was an interesting way toe tart off the conversation. He watched as she made herself comfortable and her eyes examined him carefully, almost scrutinisingly. He shifted his weight from his left foot to his right.

"Depends on what?" He inquired after she stopped speaking and seemed to draw it out. Her lips were twitching upwards in a smirk, and he noticed how red they were. It contrasted well with her pale skin and her light hair. She had nice eyes too, they were a grey-blue colour and full of mystery.

"I'm sure they'd be fine." Was she actually flirting with him? He grinned back at her smirk.
Back to top Go down
Holbry Allyn
Holbry Allyn

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:39 am

"Good," Holbry said with a nod. Motioning with her hand to the seat across from her, she rested her elbows on the table, clasping her hands together as she rested her hand on her hands. Watching with grey-green eyes as he took a seat, Holbry had to stop the smirk from getting out of control. "I'd like to get to know you a bit better," her tone was soft. Not sweet necessarily or quiet either, just soft and silky. Her eyes danced at him dangerously, tempting him with the fire behind them.

Still hunched over at, Holbry licked her red lips, tasting the slightly chalky flavor of the lipstick. "I'm Holbry, by the way. I don't think we've ever met." There could've been multiple reasons why they've never met, but Holbry didn't know what one. She supposed he was older than her, but she didn't know by how much. "It's a pleasure to meet you, nonetheless."

For some bizarre and random reason, he pique her curiosity although on surface value there was nothing interesting about him. Just an attractive and rugged man who worked at run-down pub. It was odd that Holbry was intrigued by him.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:47 am

Oliver was startled to say the least by the behaviour of this woman. And yet, what shocked him even more was that she was so willing to make the first move, to flirt with him, invite him to sit down, even suggest that she wanted to get to know him better. No woman had ever done that before, and he liked her boldness. It was enticing, and it made him want to step right into a midst of fire willingly. He sat down and looked at her cherry red lips which still had a smirk on them, before looking back up to her hypnotising eyes.

"Oh really now? And why is that exactly?" He cocked an eyebrow and leant back, resting his arms on the table as he awaited his answer from her. He shook his head at her. "No, we haven't met before. Interesting name, very... different," he liked it. She was so unique and he barely even knew her. Her name suited her perfectly. "I'm Oliver Clarke." He introduced himself. "And you." He returned politely, though a lazy grin was sprawled across his face.

There was something about this woman that drew him in so quickly. Just a look at her and he immediately knew he'd do anything she asked. If she said jump, he'd ask 'How high?' was basically how he felt. It was strange, and slightly un-nerving.
Back to top Go down
Holbry Allyn
Holbry Allyn

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 am

Holbry couldn't remember having this much since Hogwarts. Back when she was the Head Girl and everyone knew her, Holbry had flirted her way through classes and social latters. When you couldn't outsmart people, you had to charm them. Charming people was something Holbry took great pride in. Although, she only did it when she had something to gain. Holbry had nothing to gain from charming this man. He was just another man in another pub. There was nothing special about him, yet she had been the one to invite him to sit with her.

"Does everything have to have a answer? Isn't part of them fun figuring it out on your own?" It was a cheap answer and she knew it. Then again, Holbry couldn't give him a real answer. She didn't know why she wanted to get to know him. "My parents enjoyed the interesting names." She almost mentioned Zaria. Almost, but not quite. There was no one who knew about Zaira and she wasn't about to tell this stranger. "Oliver Clarke? I've never heard that name before. You must've graduated before I did." Or he was a Muggleborn, which would've been a repulsive alternative.

Relaxing into her chair, Holbry crossed her arms over her chest. She felt oddly intrigued by the man in front of her and she wanted to figure out why. Holbry hated a mystery, especially when she couldn't get it. It bothered her.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 am

Oliver stared at her with curiosity in his eyes as he tilted his head slightly to the side, as if this action would help him figure her out better. She was just so different. He stared at her again, considering her answer before he chuckled at her. Oh, what a cheap crappy answer that would've made him just stand up and claim he was busy if there wasn't some invisible force holding him in his seat.

In fact, coming out of those cherry red lips it seemed highly amusing. "Ah, if only all the scientist's of the world could know that. THen they'd stop trying to figure out why we exist and go with the flow." He grinned at her and leaned back against his seat to be more comfortable. "I guess that's a lot of the fun, finding out yourself." He said, a flirtatious wink given to her. He nodded his head as she supplied that her parents must've liked the interesting names. "Well, interesting names are better than plain ones." He grinned.

"Probably," he shrugged his shoulders. "I graduated what, 12 years ago? Yep, 12 years ago. What about you?" He inquired. "I doubt you would've heard my name before, it's not like i'm from one of those pureblood families after all."
Back to top Go down
Holbry Allyn
Holbry Allyn

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 am

At his cheeky answer, Holbry felt the semblance of a real smile ghost over her lips. It was teetering at the edge, almost there but not quite. The fact that he managed to amuse her, even if it was just a bit, was fascinating. "Things always come to those who wait," Holbry shrugged. It was something her mother had always told her. Holbry had never quite believed it and still didn't. It fit the situation though. "I'm glad you see it too then," the Scottish girl replied, pleased he was agreeing with her. It was just easier when people understood she was right. "I suppose that's true to a certain degree. Yet, at times, having a unique name can get annoying. "I like your name though, even if it could be considered plain."

A compliment from Holbry Allyn? She was surprised she hadn't died from shock already.

"Twelve years ago? We've got a senior on the loose, don't we?" Holbry teased, unable to stop the words from falling past her lips. "I graduated four years ago, which makes me twenty-one. Seems like we've got quite the age difference, don't we?" And, for some reason, Holbry didn't mind. Not even a little bit.

One thing she did mind though, was the fact that he wasn't a Pureblood. "Oh?" She wondered, her voice strained just barely. "What blood status are you then?"
Back to top Go down
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:12 am

Oliver soon realised that he hadn't seen her smile within this short period of time that he'd spoken to her. It had only been a smirk, but that had sufficed as a smile for him. However, a smile almost made it's way onto her lips, twitching the corners of them upwards slightly. "My mother always used to say that to me when I whined that I wanted candy. She told me to wait and I might receive candy if I was a good boy." He rolled his eyes at the memory of his mother's words. "Though, I don't really believe that." He smiled at her as she complimented him, sort of. She came across as the type who didn't easily give out compliments. "Eh, my name's okay but thanks anyways. I'm glad at least one of us isn't bothered by it." He chuckled and drummed his fingers lightly against the table.

He pouted as she called him a senior and leant forwards, his pout soon morphing into a confident smile. "Well then, you have a certain taste for the old and bald don't you?" He winked at her. She had been the one to initiate this little meeting of theirs, after all. "Age is just a number baby." He laughed. Honestly, age didn't bother him.

He didn't notice the strain in her voice as she said Oh, and then asked what blood status he was. He didn't even consider that she was a blood purist. "Muggleborn, you?"
Back to top Go down
Holbry Allyn
Holbry Allyn

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 am

Holbry found it amusing in a sad sort of way that parents often repeated the same things. Where was the originality in those statements? Holbry knew that if she were ever a mother, she would have a completely different way of raising her children. That being said, Holbry doubted she would ever want children. All they did was cry and eat and go to the bathroom. Disgusting little creatures and there was no possible way she was passing down her werewolf genes to any offspring. "I don't believe it either. If everyone just sat down and waited, then nothing would ever get done. There are those who wait and those who make things happen. I consider myself to be in the latter category." Holbry arched an eyebrow at him, "What category are you?"

He was being bold. Holbry smirked at that, leaning forward to the point where she was too close to him to be considered friendly. "Suppose I do. They always say the older men are more experienced." There was an amusement in her green-grey eyes that shined. This wasn't just a playful conversation anymore. This was getting into dangerous territory. "If you say so," she purred gently before leaning back.

Mudblood. Holbry flinched, but not enough for him to notice. Perfect. Just perfect. She was sitting across from the scum of the earth. Her parents would gasp at their daughter interacting with such low-bred humans. "Oh," she said, not letting her disgust show. "Good to know." Mudbloods were foul creatures and it was a shame this interesting man in front of her was one of them.

Truly a shame.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:23 am

Parents. Such nutters, Oliver had decided that long ago. They always flipped out over the littlest thing, and they wouldn't let their children have anything, claiming that it was 'spoiling them'. Or, they'd go on and on about how in 'their day' they didn't get this, and they didn't get that, and they had to sit at the table until they ate their dinner. Oliver had to resist the urge to roll his eyes just thinking about it. "Exactly!" He exclaimed, glad that she saw it the same way he did. "People who wait don't just get things, people who work hard and earn it get things." He continued. "The latter, obviously." Like the fact that he was in the Order of the Phoenix. Others could wait around for the war to end, but he wanted to have a part in ending it. Naturally, Oliver knew his twin Henry strongly disagreed with the OOtP, but really they were just trying to help the auror's.

If only his brother and the rest of the ministry could see it that way, then they could all work together to bring down the Dark Ones and put a stop to this bloody war. He grit his teeth just thinking about those bastard Dark Ones, not realising he was sitting across from a very attractive one. His grin turned slightly into a smirk as she leaned forward, too much so to be called friendly. He could feel her breath lightly brush across his cheek as she spoke, and her smell hit his nose. Cherries. She smelt like cherries and something else that was entirely her own. "Wouldn't you like to know." He winked slyly at her and leant back.

He noticed a slight reaction when he said 'muggleborn', but he couldn't place what exactly it was. it was just a small movement that had been hard to catch. Was she in fact surprised to discover his blood status? He shook his head, surely she wasn't a blood purist. But, she didn't give away her own blood status and he frowned. "What's your status?" He asked, voice soft.

He dearly hoped she wasn't a blood purist. Such a pretty girl being against him because of something he couldn't control would be a shame.

[[EVERYTHING IS A SHAME FOR THEM GNROIEG I ship them so hard <33]]
Back to top Go down
Holbry Allyn
Holbry Allyn

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:02 am

When he agreed with her so adamantly, Holbry couldn't stop the embarrassing giggle that escaped her lips. It was so out of character for her to actually enjoy herself. Holbry couldn't remember herself being so... carefree since her Hogwarts years before her parents started really interfering in her life. "I'm glad you agree then. I hate people who just wait around for things to happen. If you want something, you have to work for it." Holbry knew that other people shared her views on that, which was why the human race was fairly progressive. But, hearing Oliver share the same opinions was relieving. "Good. It would've been sad if you were lazy. I would've had to stop talking to you." Holbry joked, unable to help herself. To her utter surprise, Holbry found herself enjoying this conversation more than she had anticipated. There was just something about Oliver that she found so fascinating. It was like she was thirsty to talk to him more.

A question was on the tip of her tongue, battling to get out. But, she fought it back successfully. There was a large part of Holbry, dying to ask about his loyalties. She wanted to know if he were one of those Order members that made Holbry sick. She had never seen him at any Dark Ones meetings. So, hopefully he was neutral. It would be easier to change his opinions if he were neutral. Holbry paused. Was she thinking that she wanted something long term with this man? Oh Merlin no. "I would like to know," Holbry murmured with a smirk. "Maybe you'd care to show me sometime?" Holbry was briefly reminded of the statement about playing with fire. She supposed in this situation, she was the fire. Maybe he was too.

"My blood status?" Holbry had the most bizarre urge to lie to him. She had never once been ashamed of it. There was nothing to be ashamed about being a Pureblood. They were superior to everyone else, especially pathetic Muggleborns. The fact that Oliver was one of the said pathetic Mudbloods almost made Holbry sad. "I'm a Half-blood," she replied before she was able to stop herself.

Maybe someone drugged her. That was the only explanation.

[[OMFG I KNOW]]
Back to top Go down
Oliver Clarke
Oliver Clarke

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:56 am

Oliver grinned at the giggle he'd managed to coax out of her with his adamant agreement. He was surprised that this whole interaction was really occurring to be honest. He'd just come over to innocently serve a customer, and now they were sitting here having an actual conversation that didn't consist of swapping compliments and blatant flirting - though flirting with her was a very appealing idea. "Those people are just fat asses and lazy. If they want something done, they need to do it themselves." He shook his head. "Don't parents just come up with a lot of bullshit comments like that? 'In my day'," he quoted with a roll of his eyes. "Aww, really? That would've been a shame, i'm glad we've avoided such a drastic consequence." He grinned at her. He spoke only the truth though, he already adored talking to her.

She shared his views, she was fascinating, mysterious, interesting, and she was very, very nice to look at he might add. He knew something would come out though that would ruin this, but he didn't dwell on it. Wait, ruin this? He almost laughed at himself, thinking like they were in some kind of a relationship when they'd only just met. He shook his head slightly and grinned at her flirting. "Oooh, so she's a sex kitten, huh?" He winked at her. "Maybe i'll show you, if I have time. I'm a busy man, you know," he said in a casual tone. He smirked back at Holbry, which was something different because he wasn't one to smirk.

For some reason, everything seemed to matter to him suddenly. He crossed his fingers under the table and hoped beyond hope that she didn't say 'pureblood', because he had this sinking feeling that if she did, she was a blood purist. He'd had quite enough of blood purists and them insisting that he was a filthy, scum of the earth mudblood. He let out a breath that he hadn't known he'd been holding when she said 'halfblood'. "Oh, that's cool. I was worried you were one of those pureblood's that have a problem with muggleborn's." He let out a shaky laugh.

Oh, if only he knew.

[[We like our dramatic last lines ^^]]
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)    Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Conflicted (Holbry & Oliver)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1